• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Closed Captions Only (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like an easy answer, but I can't seem to figure out how to ONLY export captions (without the video).

Is there a way to export ONLY closed captioning? It takes so long to make a video with the sidecar .scc.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Thanks guys,

These are good suggestions. It's close, but not perfect.

@Samedog, I have cuts in my captions, so I can't export my captions as one full asset.

@Jeff, thanks for this, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for, but reading the article helped me think outside the box.

Here's what I do now:

Instead of exporting a movie file and sidecar .scc file. I set the settings to export the audio only with the sidecar .scc. It still takes about a minute to export, but at least it won't take an hour

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what form do you want the closed captions exported in? and for what purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just looking to attain a sidecar .scc file.

The purpose is for the line of work that I do. sometimes, I want to export a .scc file, but not the video. I'm sure an .scc file will take a second to export, but when you add the video, it takes like an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed these instructions?

Learn to work with captions in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the caption in the Bin, then select File/Export/Captions.

CaptionExport.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys,

These are good suggestions. It's close, but not perfect.

@Samedog, I have cuts in my captions, so I can't export my captions as one full asset.

@Jeff, thanks for this, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for, but reading the article helped me think outside the box.

Here's what I do now:

Instead of exporting a movie file and sidecar .scc file. I set the settings to export the audio only with the sidecar .scc. It still takes about a minute to export, but at least it won't take an hour to export (this is the time I get for exporting the video file with it)

Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate the info - but what should be done if the captions were supplied as an SCC but the start of said SCC file is not 00:00:00:00 but at the first caption instead?

Will exporting caption from the Bin not get me a file exactly the same - out of sync if aligned frame 1 to frame 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines