• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting iPhone Footage From Adobe Premiere Pro Looks Filtered

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem exporting footage from Adobe Premiere Pro... every export turns ordinary footage from my iPhone into a filtered awful mess. Attached a before and after picture... is this a setting problem? This has now happened three times and is making me second-guess my subscription. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 9.14.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-19 at 9.14.30 AM.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Basic Color Management 101, really ... your iPhone clips are shot as HLG, an HDR format. You're using them on a Rec.709 SDR timeline.

Select the clips in the bins, right-click, Modify/Interpret Footage, select the Override option at the bottom in the Color Management section, set it to Rec.709.

And maybe tell your iPhone to shoot SDR/Rec.709 for now. Very few screens/browsers & etc are really working well with HDR yet.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look here:
Understanding Color Spaces, HDR, and what that might mean to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwptnEhxJs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic Color Management 101, really ... your iPhone clips are shot as HLG, an HDR format. You're using them on a Rec.709 SDR timeline.

Select the clips in the bins, right-click, Modify/Interpret Footage, select the Override option at the bottom in the Color Management section, set it to Rec.709.

And maybe tell your iPhone to shoot SDR/Rec.709 for now. Very few screens/browsers & etc are really working well with HDR yet.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! saved me a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Premiere 2024 all the CM stuff can be found in the Lumetri panel Edit tab. It's handier by far.

And set Project setting for auto log detection on, Sequence auto-tonemapping on, and that probably takes care of your iPhone clips without further steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines