• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExtendScript trackItem.disabled not working?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with the PPro API's trackItem.disabled method (https://ppro-scripting.docsforadobe.dev/item/trackitem.html#trackitem-disabled)

It's listed in the above API documentation under TrackItem 'method', but then is represented as if it's a readable/writeable 'property'.

Trying to run it as if it's a method causes an error, and as a property it's always undefined and doesn't respond when set.  As best as I can tell it neither reads or writes, neither a property nor a method?

A bug?  Is there another way to programmatically get/set whether a timeline item is disabled?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Sorry, I 'crossed the streams'. 🙂

This thread is in the PPro Forums, SDK section. 

Dan McSweeney (from the PPro Engagements team) recently posted updated info about trackItem.disabled, in the PPro Beta forum.

I think the doc you're seeing was published prematurely (and in the wrong section, by me), but .disabled does work in the current PPro Beta. We hope to move it to release versions, Very Soon™.

Hope that makes more sense. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/new-trackitem-property-in-api-disabled-allows-you-to-enable-and-disable-clips-beta/td-p/12400853

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's misfiled under methods; as Dan (and the functional code snippet) indicate, it's a property.

> Trying to run it as if it's a method causes an error, and as a property it's always undefined and doesn't respond when set.

> As best as I can tell it neither reads or writes, neither a property nor a method?

Are you calling it in the beta, where it's present, or in an official release, where it's not? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bbb_999 wrote:

It's misfiled under methods; as Dan (and the functional code snippet) indicate, it's a property.

Who's Dan?

Are you calling it in the beta, where it's present, or in an official release, where it's not? 🙂

That already sounds promising.  How do you "call it in the beta"?  (Sounds like a folk song -- in the spirit of Rutabaga Boogie?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I 'crossed the streams'. 🙂

This thread is in the PPro Forums, SDK section. 

Dan McSweeney (from the PPro Engagements team) recently posted updated info about trackItem.disabled, in the PPro Beta forum.

I think the doc you're seeing was published prematurely (and in the wrong section, by me), but .disabled does work in the current PPro Beta. We hope to move it to release versions, Very Soon™.

Hope that makes more sense. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/new-trackitem-property-in-api-disabled-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about 'crossed streams',  I'd actually seen that post, but for some reason thought it was many years old.  In fact my original question was going to be "whatever happened to that plan to introduce clip.disabled from years ago?"  Apparently Dan posted his note minutes before I posted mine.

Is it possible / worthwhile to work with Beta versions of PPro?

When would this next version get its official release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible / worthwhile to work with Beta versions of PPro?

It's vital! 
Every change we make goes into beta builds first; this gives you a chance to test it before it's migrated/promoted to official release. 

>When would this next version get its official release?

I can't state a date, but we are already using it in a panel-based project; it's enabled in beta to allow for further feedback. If no problems are encountered...Soon™. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, cool.  Found the beta installer as described here (using Creative Cloud App > Beta Apps)

And the community forum for it as well.

Thanks Bruce for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The PPro Beta -- 22.1.0 BETA (Build 5) -- works brilliantly, getting & setting both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joost van der Hoeven wrote:

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

Hi Joost,

MacOS Big Sur v11.6

PPro v15.4.1 (Build 6)

I'm not sure CPU/RAM etc. relevant here.  This is about timeline trackItem clip enable/disable, same as the PPro UI's Menu > Clip > Enable feature, but being handled through the ExtendScript property, app.project.sequences[index].audioTracks[index].clips[index].disabled

For ref, in the attached screen grab you'll see a timeline two greyed-out clip (disabled) the rest enabled, easily changed through the standard UI, but their states can neither be set nor changed via the above ExtendScript command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines