• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Migrate projects from the newer version of Premiere Pro to an earlier version

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with different versions of Premiere Pro can be tricky at times and might cause issues if you are trying to migrate a project created/modified in the newer version of Premiere Pro to an earlier version.

In case you wish to migrate the projects you may use the xml workflow.

Here is how to do this:

Note: You may want to look at the Translation Report (saved next to the xml file) to check which all effects and transitions have been carried over during the xml conversion.

Also, here is a link to help you install the previous version of Premiere Pro.

Hope you find it useful.

-Sumeet

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I made a little portable app that will convert your Premiere Pro project into an accessible project that you will be able to open with any other previous version, as I needed to myself and think I should to share with you. For now only compiled to windows, but could easily be compiled to Mac. A link to source code writen in Python is available, feel free to modify as you like.

Find it here: http://avidvalencia.com/download/adobe-premiere-pro-version-changer-free/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'd like to try your app but the download link just leads to your cloud provider?

Thanks for your help

Jannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WeAreMoose,

the file is hosted in a cloud provider, so the link is going there, but you should be able to download straight from the link without visiting the site. Think that it is an .exe file and most firewalls and antivirus will have an issue downloading this type of file. Try that and alternatively I can send it to through wetransfer, sendfile or similar. Let me know how it goes.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chusbaker.

When clicking the link I'm being directly forwarded to https://degoo.com/,

no download available.

A Wetransfer Link would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you go:

Download link
https://we.tl/t-FSGXyNHJms

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have a job I would like to migrate to an earlier version using xml, but it seems xml dows not support multicam sequences, which my project is mostly made of. Is there a solution for migrating a project made in 2020 with multicam sequences to a 2019 version? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. Trying to open a 2020 project (14.0.1) with CC 2019 (13.1.5) because of ridiculous playback lag making editing incredibly frustrating. I get an error message, "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements." It's only one version difference. This is another really bad feature of Premiere.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rolandm2000

you may want to try and instead of writing 1 in the Version="num", write the build you are converting to. I think that 13.1.5 is the build 36, you can confirm that by creating a project with that version and looking into the xml file. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody is facing this issue when we are migrating to an older version there are some changes in the timeline.

Its clearly visible.

Following this thread.

Sonali Mondal

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also had luck with this website, which appears to wash the version info out of your project. When you open it, premiere will prompt you to save a new version.

http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines