• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not linking after update to 12.1.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm now looking at in my project.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.58.05.png

If I try relinking any of the clips:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 10.59.19.png

These are the same clips I was linked to only this morning. I haven't updated anything else. I cleared the media cache, this didn't help at all.

The only workaround I've found is to rename each file, then individually relink it. That will take hours.

I'm really hoping someone can suggest a way this can be rectified. I was idiot enough not to have a backup of this project (haven't dared open any others) when updating.

Seems like a lot of people are having similar and various problems with this update. Not happy.

-edit-

Also, occasionally get this one:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.27.57.png

System:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.11.56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

I encountered this exact problem when testing a prerelease of Premiere Pro 12.1.0 on macOS El Capitan (10.11.6) on a project that used MP4 clips. The problem disappeared once I upgraded to macOS Sierra (10.12.6) with no other changes made. The exact same project file opened fine and everything was linked.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue persists when opening other projects too - this time made sure to have a backup and picked a small project, but same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues. When I opened up my project a pop up advised me that it needed to be converted and in the conversion process it screwed up. Now I can't even scrub through the footage. I have to start a new project and do the entire editing process again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try step 2h below.  If that doesn't work Step 2i.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have already tried clearing the cache and renaming the folders. Also tried copying the whole folder and relinking. I've manually linked the entirety of the project I'm currently working on which too most of the morning, but can't open any other projects and convert to 12.1.0 until I am sure the same thing won't happen again... this definitely needs some sort of patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. Many files went offline in my project upon installing PP12.1, when I re-link or even re- import them PP will only give me audio and completely ignore the video part of the file. And YES it's a professional codec XDCAM! Tried emptying the cache and renaming folders - useless.

This is a VERY messed up version - seriously don't you guys test your software? Better keep it on the shelf for a few more month rather than messing up our projects with this collection of bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assure you that many tests and tests are done before releasing an update or new version, but unfortunately not all the hardware and software is in the same conditions or at least in similar conditions. The diversity of features, state of the operating system, disk defragmentation, disk errors, viruses, ram problems, etc., etc., makes it very difficult for everything to be perfect. That is why users need to tell Adobe through the Adobe Forums about these problems, then release a service pack update and refine many of those problems. Obviously, first we try to give you a quick solution.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Well I hope you guys find a solution to this import problem soon. Might have to roll back to an older Version. On a positive note I really like the improvements you keep adding and want to commend your development team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this exact problem when testing a prerelease of Premiere Pro 12.1.0 on macOS El Capitan (10.11.6) on a project that used MP4 clips. The problem disappeared once I upgraded to macOS Sierra (10.12.6) with no other changes made. The exact same project file opened fine and everything was linked.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input Stefan. The funny thing is I'm running Sierra 1012.6 - the exact OS version you have upgraded to inorder to have the problem disappear. I wonder it it's a Mac thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will test this now - upgrading to High Sierra. Will report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks very much. It didn't instantly work and still a couple of errors with files I'd already opened, but I think clearing the cache again and allowing it to restructure from scratch would solve that.

Thanks for the help, hopefully this works for others too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try open the last autosaved project. You have "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save" folder in your project folder.

Captura de pantalla 2018-04-05 a la(s) 11.06.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that's a brilliant tip for now, that means I can roll back and use 12.0.1. Should have thought of that.

There's no way I'm using this update until I've got confirmation all my files/projects aren't going to unlink again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case I recommend you use version 12.0.1 until we find the solution to this problem. Do not despair that unless a rooster sings we will have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having these same issues! Please fix ASAP Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines