• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fit to fill (Change clip speed) Grayed out?!?!? But manual Time remapping (blue arrow) works fine??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What could possibly be causing this helpful feature to gray out? Time remapping works, but for some reason fit to fill doesn't? Version 24.2.0 build 93 - Windows 10

ftf2.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take off all effects applied, either apply them on adjustment layers or use nesting workflows,

so:

01. always try to finish your editing without any effects applied

02. do your speed stuff

03. apply effects on adjustment layers or nest your edits then apply effects to nested.

04. render -> export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually don't have any effects setup. I am following along with training material, and my test sequence is just barebones videos. On the fit to fill lesson, I followed instructions dozens on times; simply set in/out on source and in/out on sequence. Set track targeting and overwrite. it's supposed to let me select fit to fill so that my source selection gets either sped up or slowed down to fit the sequence selection. Very simple task. But Premiere has a problem with it for some reason. How do I get fit to fill enabled? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fit-to-fill edit requires an In and Out marking the source clip AND an In and Out marking where it goes in the timeline.

check here for more details:

https://larryjordan.com/articles/create-a-fit-to-fill-edit-in-adobe-premiere-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue recently, Fit to Fill was working fine up until a few weeks ago, I use it semi often in news when file video isn't quite long enough, and now all of a sudden it is always greyed out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate the problem, is it happening with all projects or a specific one?

Some thoughts: test with a new sequence. Test with a new project. Reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens with all projects/sequences, new old, whatever, that is always now grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting cache files and resetting preferences

If that didn't work, try the Beta version. I can't figure any other solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no longer working in Beta either. Fit to fill has completely stopped working for me. I already trashed preferences, doubled checked everything.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working here also...

Win 23H2, PP: 24.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines