• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED:

The only thing that finally worked consistently was downgrading to 22, and converting any current 23 projects that are freezing, to be compatible with 22. There is a site that downgrades projects to 22, here

Also, any .MOV files, especially ones with variable bit rates, I converted to .MP4 with a constant bit rate using handbrake

This three step process was the only way I was able to get back on track and not experience anymore crashes, freezes, or memory leaks. Period. 

Beyomd that, my next move would have been to give HitFilm a try. But so far I haven't had to resort to HitFilm because 22 has been working the way I remember Premiere Pro working previously before 23-point-whatever-it's-up-to-now. 

Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on premiere 24.0.03 (Build 2) and this issue is still prevelant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could only get it fixed by a windows reinstall, once it's corrupt the problem resides in the system someplace. Hopefully not for you but I tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issues in the latest version and beta version as of 12/7/2023. 

Really is hampering my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can this problem be resolved? It's quite bothersome."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue in the latest  24.1.0 build 85 version of premiere pro workaround 1 works but doesn't fix the issue for exporting inside Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

out of nowhere i cant export my videos. Its just not loading.

When I click on fast export, nothing opens and when I click on export next to import/editing its not loading just the loading circle. i already deleted and reinstalled premiere pro

also I started my laptop again.

Pls help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently experiecing the same thing since last night. Kindly help!

A client's job is at stake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround

File > Export > Send to AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re a life saver. It worked. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem.

When I try to export nothing happens.

I've tried > Send to AME and still noting happens.

I've reinstalled, restarted, checked OS was up to date. I'm totally stuck, any suggestions?

Thanks

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution that works for me and I've tried everything... Trashing preferences, reinstalling PP, you name it. The only fix I've found is downgrading the project and opening in the 2022 version. I'm on an M1 Mac and none of the Intel-based systems at the office are having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can now reproduce this bug on two separate computer systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me. Reinstall did nothing, nor did resetting my computer and the Export Directly to ME did nothing as well. The only thing that worked was reinstalling an older version of premier pro. I went two versions ago, 23.1 . It would appear that 23.3, the current version, has a fatal bug in it, as least on Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two intel macs exhibiting same bug, so it's not just he M chips. 

Also, this wasn' an issue before 23.3.

Sending to AME sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. The only gauranteed workaround is to reset all preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised the issue with the team this morning, and they are working on a solution.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd initially used the Digital Rebellion Preference Manager to trash the preferences, but that didn't do it this time. I then renamed the folder "23.0" (located at Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro), which, after reopening Premiere, was rebuilt and everything worked. I copied from the original folder my custom workspaces, and everything now seems to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant export. CTRL M not working. Export not working. Deinstalled/reinstalled still not working. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experienced this issue for about 4 days. It was after the 23.3 upgrade but it didn't begin right away.

The first work-around was using Media Encoder (but there's still issues with export preferences on that for me that require further workarounds.) Today, Premiere isn't sending the project to Media Encoder at all and now I have no way to export. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brusquement je n'arrive plus à exporter mes vidéos sur Première Pro 2023. Aucun message d'erreur. J'ai essayé tous les conseils fournis sur internet et rien ne change. J'ai même désinstallé et réinstallé une version antérieure , rien.

URGENT j'ai un travail urgent à exporter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you click the Export tab and it doesn't change to the export "page" ... or ... what?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut,

J'ai le même problème, la fenêtre d'export reste sur la roue bleue qui mouline....... Désinstallation, réinstallation, etc...

Quelqu'un a-t-il une solution svp?

PS : JE DÉTESTE PREMIÈRE!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A more complete explanation of what is happening is needed before any of us can give more than general try this suggesstions. Screen-grabs are also good to supply.

But ... does it do this on new projects, or just this one? Have you tried deleting cache files/rebooting, and trashing preferences?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, problème résolu en supprimant les préférences.

Je n'ai jamais vu autant de problèmes sur un logiciel de montage, que ce soit sur after effect ou sur premiere pro...

J'ai perdu 3 heures de travail aujourd'hui, à cause d'un manque de fiabilité d'un logiciel et d'une suite, qui me coûte très très cher.........

Je déteste ce software, je bascule définitivement sur Da Vinci Resolved...

Par ailleurs merci de m'avoir mis sur la voie avec votre réponse.

Cordialement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines