• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

focus shifts to project panel randomly after pasting or inserting

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this? When I copy then paste a clip in a timeline or insert/overwrite into a timeline, the active panel randomly switches from the timeline to the Project panel. This doesn't happen everytime, but often enough to be really annoying. I paste into a timeline, then hit the up or down arrow keys or any other short cut and wonder why nothing is happening until I realzie I need to click back into the timeline.

I'm working in Productions.

Premiere v15.2

Mac 10.15.7

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J_Boy,

Sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening specifically while working within Productions, or is it happening with all the projects? Also, is your workspace split across multiple monitors?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

Yes I'm working across two monitors. Project panel is always on the left monitor, timeline is always on the right monitor. And I only starting noticing the issue since working in Productions. Not sure if it is happening outside of Productions, but I don't think so. I'll be back in a stand-alone project sometime later this month and will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks!

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

a follow up on this, I just spent two weeks in a stand-alone(non-Productions) project and did not experience this bug. Definitiely appears to be specific to Productions - or my Production. Also I'm now in v15.4.1 for this production. Have yet to update to v22.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try re-setting preferences.

Close the app.

On Windows hold down shift/control/alt and double click on the app icon to open the app.

On Mac same procedure but hold down shift/command/option.

Let your system make changes while holding down the keys.

Hopefully this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob, I have definitely reset prefs for other reasons since I've noticed this and the problem has continued. I'll give it another shot.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up, I reset my cache and prefs and even deleted all my custom window layouts just to see if that was a factor. Still getting the same issue periodically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip. I deleted all my cutom workspaces and started from a freshly reset layout earlier in troubleshooting. I just tried again, this time switching to premiere's default "Editing" workspace, then "Reset to Saved Layout" and continuing to work without changing the window layout. The focus shift back to the project panel still happens periodically when pasting in a timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines