• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Substitution error on M1 macbook pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a cameraman working for a Dutch news program in the Netherlands. I'm traveling around the world with my camera and laptop with Adobe Premiere and it all worked fine till a few months ago. I have deadlines all the time. I have to edit very fast and I don't have time for proxies. I put my memorycard in my laptop and I start editing. I'm doing this for over 15 years without any problem till now.

After 10 or 15 minuts AP becomes slower. When a go forward or backwards, I have to wait half a second till something happens. And I get warning about the "frame substitution recursion" and sometimes my audiowaves in the timeline start flashing. When I quit and restart Adobe Premiere everything is working fine again but after ten or 15 minutes the same story. I already did a clean installation but I still have the same problems. When I export my material I also have the same problems and warnings.

Do you have a solution?

I work with:

Sony FX9

XDCAM HD422 50i

MXF

Adobe is version 23.0.0

MacBook M1 Pro

32 Gb

ventura 13.0Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-01 om 20.41.47.pngScherm­afbeelding 2022-12-01 om 20.38.36.pngScherm­afbeelding 2022-12-01 om 20.28.20.pngScherm­afbeelding 2022-12-01 om 14.23.22.png

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Hello @omedennis,

Thanks for the message. I apologize for the lack of response to this bug report. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That flashing problem is crazy. Never seen that before. Premiere still contains a bug where the entire program will slow down the larger you make the Source window when there is a waveform displayed on it. It still hasn't been fixed; I think there is something deeply flawed or unoptimized about the way Premiere draws waveforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for creating a new post and providing such extensive info. I have seen the flickering in the past. Users wrote that it stops if you switch off audio waveforms as a temp fix. I would try copying and pasting the clips into a new Timeline to see if that helps. You can also try a new project and import the items into it. If you use Adobe Cleaner and reinstall the application, that is a more permanent fix. You can read about that editor's case here.

I hope we can solve this issue. If you have a short sample clip that exhibits the behavior, please upload it. 🙂

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere still contains a bug where the entire program will slow down the larger you make the Source window when there is a waveform displayed on it. It still hasn't been fixed.

Thanks for your comment, Ben. Sorry, man. Would you like me to move your bug report post to a separate thread for you? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The flickering thing is only a small problem that happend a few times. My main problem is the frame substitution thing. I hope that that will be solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you clarifying your issue. I am not a developer, I'm a community manager, but I will let the team know about your issue.

I'm a big fan of the Netherlands. I hope we can solve this for the greater good, especially for popular formats like this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have excactly the same problems, I mentioned before, on my iMac M1. So it's on my macbookpro and on my iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a lot of problems with mxf files shot on sony cameras, but this fixed it.  if  you select a clip in the project window and control click and choose modify:  interpret footage, if the color space is not rec 709, try setting color space override to rec 709.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode your camera originals to ProRes and edit in a Sequence with Video Previews set to matching ProRes.

Premiere Pro's ingest feature should work fine, but you could use Shutter Encoder (donationware) or Sony Catalyste Prepare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @omedennis,

Thanks for the message. I apologize for the lack of response to this bug report. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines