Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Black Screen when Clicking or Scrubbing

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've been using Premiere Pro for a while now, but for some reason for the past few weeks, any time I try to do, well, anything, my screen just shuts down and goes black for a moment. I'm on a quite beefy rig (specs below), and I've noticed that sometimes when this happens I'll experience a GPU spike in my task manager. This for some reason doesn't happen everytime though. This issue makes Premiere Pro actually unusable, as it just goes black every 5 seconds. I've tried changing my drivers from Nvidia Game Ready to Studio Ready, no luck. I was taking footage from a GoPro, so I thought my footage was the problem, but no, this happens with other files with no footage, just text on a black background. For whatever reason, I was able to edit for roughly an hour without facing any issues, but after turning my computer off and returning, it went right back to doing its normal routine of black screens.

Specs:

Windows 11

Intel Core i7 9700k

GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Gigabyte z390 AORUS PRO Motherboard

16GB G.Skill DDR4 Ram

I'm currently running Premiere Pro 15.4.3, rather than 22.1.2, because I was originally having this issue in the 22.1.2 version, so I changed hoping to fix it, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, I've spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out whats wrong but none of my solutions seem to want to stick.

Video of Bug Below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16PpNp-lZxLlPDs7ZyKYLx9pipYqOpxxc/view?usp=sharing 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening specifically with Premiere Pro, or is it happening with other apps as well? Have you tried temporarily disabling the NVIDIA GPU to check if it's working properly through the Intel UHD Graphics 630 on i7 9700K?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was only occurring with Premiere Pro. The solution that I found was that, for whatever reason, the DisplayPort was what was provoking this issue, and switching to HDMI fixed this. I did buy a new DisplayPort cable, thinking that it was a broken cable issue, but it also occured with the new cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. Only with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines