Exit

Gamma shift on exports with Prores and H264 with Quicktime

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

Im using the latest Premiere Pro.

Are they gonna fix this problem any time soon? It has been years since we all are having this problem and the only response from Adobe it's "Hey, professional calibrated monitors works well..." but, hey, Adobe, de you know that the vast majority of your clients are not grading on professional monitors, and are probably using iMacsMacbooks and PC prosumer screens? And most of them are not high end professionals? What happens with educational envionments? Why do we need to have this problem on Premiere when DaVinci Resolve (free software) and FCPX (a $300 lifetime license) are not having this issues?

I just want to make an edit, grade it and export what I'm seeing on Premiere monitors. Is that so hard Adobe? Why insist on not patch this kind of issues, or at least give the option?

F.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just never mind.  I'm too frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does your rendered video look correct in Premiere Pro?"

If I have "Display Color Management" turned on, yes.  If not, then it looks the same as the exported/rendered png images and mp4 videos look in every program that can display them.  So I generally leave that option turned off so at least I'll know how bad it will look when it actually renders the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(continued)  Let me ask you something:  Does Photoshop and all other image editors/manipulation-programs display images incorrectly that were exported from Premiere?  When Photoshop reports that the second color in my test image after 0,0,0 is 9,9,9, is it actually false, and that color really is 1,1,1, but we're just not looking at it the right way?  How far are you going to stretch this reasoning?

Imagine if Photoshop put a filter on every image you import, and on the forums it would be defended with "it's a professional standard, if you want it to look like the original image, use this filter".  I'm sure that would make a lot of people upset.

Why is it any different with Premiere?  This is just so maddeningly absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines