• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration AMD

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I researched it's a common error that is fixed by selecting "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration", the problem is that it had been set to this already by default. Google tells me to update CUDA, when I actually have Radeon. What's the plan? Any solution to this?
Windows 10

Radeon RX 580

Ryzen 5 2600

Premiere 14.0

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aight, I installed the "Pro Series for Enterprise", as I already had latest updates, and now GPU acceleration option in Premiere is greyed out. Looks like a Mr Bean situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although the "Pro Series for Enterprise" driver is now "compatible" with consumer Radeons, be advised that the driver is verified only to work properly with the more expensive workstation cards. Use of these drivers with consumer Radeon GPUs may result in limited functions and software compatibility, and has not been tested for enterprise quality.

Worse, even with GPU acceleration enabled on the Adrenaline (gaming) drivers, the RX 580 is at best only about as fast as a five-year-old GeForce GTX 960, judging by the performance of the slightly newer Vega 64 that only performed at the same level as a GeForce GTX 1650 in Premiere Pro. Very sluggish by modern standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines