• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU render errors are killing me

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously. What is Adobe doing with all the money we pay them, cuz they certainly aren't fixing their software

Like a good deal of people can't export anything without a great deal of trouble.
So first, here's my system

GTX 980ti
32GB DDR4 2666 Ram
Ryzen 1700x
Windows 10
Media Drive: Seagate Barracuda Pro 3tb

I'll take a screenshot of the error in the morning as I'm sure it will be the first thing that greets me when I try to get to work.
This happens on timeline renders and exports. GPU Render Error etc etc, can't process frame, etc, etc, lumetri color, blah blah blah

This happens on all kinds of projects. This particular project, I know is GPU intensive as I'm bringing in a lot of dynamic link comps from After Effects, mostly just text with some minor effects (some shape layers, not much else). So yes I know I'm working with GPU heavy stuff but my system is no slouch and I shouldn't have to waste hours and hours of time just to get something exported.
Nothing in here is 4K. Lumetri Color on individual clips.

Have tried - updating all drivers. Rolling back drivers to previous versions. Clearing the media cache over and over, deleting render files, only doing 1 pass exports.  closing all other applications and holding my breath. Can't use AME, it always fails the export 100% of the time. Have to export straight from Premiere and almost always have this error.
The only thing that sometimes works is restarting my computer, opening nothing but premiere, exporting and then restarting my computer again if I need to export something else.
It's insane, seriously insane and ridiculous that Adobe can't seem to release a stable update to one of their main pieces of software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Bummer when this kind of thing happens ... been there.

Is the Barracuda an internal or external connection, and how much free space do you have on it?

Given the presence of multiple AE comps on that sequence, I'll note that a lot of folks I know ... if they're running comps & Lumetri or Warp Stabilizer on a sequence ... will render & replace the AE comps with full Cineform or DNxHD/R media out of  AE first, then do their export from PrPro. Lumetri, even in small doses, can hammer some rigs more th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer when this kind of thing happens ... been there.

Is the Barracuda an internal or external connection, and how much free space do you have on it?

Given the presence of multiple AE comps on that sequence, I'll note that a lot of folks I know ... if they're running comps & Lumetri or Warp Stabilizer on a sequence ... will render & replace the AE comps with full Cineform or DNxHD/R media out of  AE first, then do their export from PrPro. Lumetri, even in small doses, can hammer some rigs more than others, why ... I don't know. But it can.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, yeah that's what I'm going to have to do, was trying to avoid rendering out the comps as the client is making constant adjustments and it always ends up making a huge mess, but such is life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea. And "edit lock" is So last century,  right? What a royal pain but the client that pays ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines