• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green Video Issue - Very Random - Help!

Contributor ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pretty weird issue and I have been having it for a long time. Basically, I can be working on a project for a a few days and all of a sudden the video will go green and export as green. Once this video goes green it affects all the other videos that are in my project and they all turn green. Even the video on the internet (such as iPlayer) will go green. I can stop this by restarting my iMac and sometimes reset the SMC bus.

Once I do this all the videos on my system are Ok (such as iPlayer etc) BUT the ones in project in Premiere are not and will still be green.

The thing is the entire video is not green just certain flashes through out. It seems to be in MP4s and MOVs only. It only really occurs with MP4s in my Premiere project and MOVs created from Mac's 'Screenshot' App in the OS. Weirdly, this issue will ONLY occur when editing MP4s and MOVs in Premiere/After Effects. I will stress that only MOV format videos created in Screenshot on Mac OS are affected (and also previously Quicktime).

Another example is encoding in Media Encoder and creating Proxies. It goes for a while fine, then all of sudden the video goes green and hence the rest of the videos will be green after that. They will be completely green from start to finish. But sometimes they will also just flashes green here and there. This is within the software and also any exported file.

It also *seems* to only happen when After Effects is in the mix but I can be too sure about that.

I have attached images to demonstrate.

My system:

Latest Creative Cloud Suite and all software upto date.

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

IMG_0971 copy.jpgIMG_1935.jpgIMG_3664 copy.jpgIMG_4724 copy.jpgIMG_6497 copy.jpgIMG_7444 copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check and make sure that your graphic card drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my OS is up to date and on the Mac the only way of upgrading video drivers etc is via Apple Update.

Cheers

Streven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get around this I converted my MP4s to ProRes. But still this is a huge problem. I see this is not an issue anyone has encountered I'm completely stumped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a fun and rather unique problem there ... do you feel special? (Sigh ... been there ... )

Please go to the new bug report system and post this ... it goes directly into the engineer's system ...

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I did post on there and a few users with the same spec have the same issues.

Unfortuantly, I have updated all my software and the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines