• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.264 Exporting Overexposed!!

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my editing the colors are exposed correctly and everything is fine but when i go to export the colors are way overexposed and not even usable! I've never had this problem with adobe until the recent update. I'm running the lastest version of premire pro. I've been on the phone with adobe and they were no help at all. I've gone all over the internet and nothing is working. Look at the screenshots and you'll see why. How do I fix this? I've messed with interperet footage, sequence settings, color spaces, legit everything! Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.07.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-21 at 3.07.51 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

I'm having to guess, but my guess is that the clip has either the HLG color space or was recorded in some log format.

Premiere has a completely rebuilt color ... basis. It used to be a Rec.709/SDR "pipeline" that had been given some "extended range" capabilities to work mostly sort of with some HDR media.

But the 2022 release has a brand new color processing basis underneath everything. Clips now have color management (CM) settings. Sequences have CM settings. And exports also. If the clip,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video below might be helpful. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7EGNJop_HE

This video demonstrates a method to have your rendered images that are upload to YouTube look like what you see in the GUI of Premiere Pro. Resolve https://amzn.to/3NcL1zP Adobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN Links are monetized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having to guess, but my guess is that the clip has either the HLG color space or was recorded in some log format.

Premiere has a completely rebuilt color ... basis. It used to be a Rec.709/SDR "pipeline" that had been given some "extended range" capabilities to work mostly sort of with some HDR media.

But the 2022 release has a brand new color processing basis underneath everything. Clips now have color management (CM) settings. Sequences have CM settings. And exports also. If the clip, sequence, and export CM settings don't match, you get this sort of thing.

So ... check the clip in the bin. What does it show in Properties for color space?

Check your sequence settings ... what do they show for color space?

If you're wanting to use SDR, the standard Rec.709 that is still the vast majority of media used, then you need to make sure both the clip and the sequence are set for that. In the Project panel, for clips that are HLG, right-click ... Modify/Interpret Footage and use the CM's Override to Rec.709 option.

Then make sure the sequence is also set to Rec.709 for CM. Then you should be able to work as you expect.

I'm including a couple FAQs to help navigate the new CM stuff.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

How to Set Monitors for HDR work in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this fixed it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Niel

I have the exact same problem. I have changed to Rec709 in sequence settings, but when i click right on the clip in the project panel no Modify/Interpret footage shows up. What can I do?

Pleas help a rookie 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome video answer, thank you for taking the time to make it. It got me out of a big frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try one of the YouTube or Vimeo presets?

Neil may be along shortly to talk to you about proper color spaces for 4K footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... and if you are working in HLG/PQ, you do need to use one of the export presets that SAYS it's set for HLG/PQ. As figuring out the HDR settings within Premiere is a bit of a hard thing for a first timer at it. Without a full cheat-sheet of settings, there are several things.

And they vary by Format/Codec too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines