• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.265 files now import as audio only

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with H.265 files in Premiere for about a week with no problems. I was actually able to edit a project with them.

Then one day, all the files suddenly went offline. I tried relinking, but that didn't work. Then when I reimported the files, they showed up as audio only. I even reinstalled Premiere, which didn't help.

When I play the files in Quicktime Player or in the Finder, they play normally. I have to now transcode them to H.264 in order for them to work in Premiere.

The H.265 files have been shot on a Fuji XH2s. They are Long GOP 4:2:2 10bit 200 Mbps.

I'm on a Mac Mini M1 running macOS 12.7.6 and Premiere Pro 24.5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Upgraded to macOS Sonoma and did a clean install. My H265 clip now imports with video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

[changing status]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

That's great to hear!  I'm glad you are back up and running

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jelizondoedits - What has changed from the time the files were working to not working now?  Did you install any plugins or extra codec packs?  Can you send us one of the files you can use any transfer service and email me at jamiec@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely did not instal any plugins or extra codec packs. The only thing I remember is I was getting messages about my machine running out of memory when I had Premiere and Audition open at the same time. Then suddenly all my H265 files went offline. I'll send you one of my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[changing status]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jelizondoedits - I have received your file, but am unable to reproduce your issue.  I can import the file and playback with picture.  

Can you hold down "SHIFT" while launching Premiere and check the box

"Clear media cache files" 

let us know if that helps your issue.  If not can you upload a screen recording so that we can see what is going on. Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried clearing media cache files, still only getting audio when I import.

Attached are some screenshots of the issue. That how my H265 file imports. It's an audio-only file, when it should have video as well.

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 1.04.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 1.04.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jelizondoedits - I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue.  I am thinking something is happening when working with Adobe Audition.  It would be helpful if you post a screen recording when you are importing one of these files.  Are you using the Import panel or just clicking in the project to bring up the import dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jelizondoedits - Any updates were you able to get a screen recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jelizondoedits - Can you try making a backup of your settings and then hold down "Shift" while opening premiere and select the checkbox "Reset app preferences" 

Can you also try opening Audition and going to Settings > Media & Disk Cache and click "Clean" under Shared Media Cache Database

Let us know if that helps.   Thank you for your help troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. Still imports as audio only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to macOS Sonoma and did a clean install. My H265 clip now imports with video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great to hear!  I'm glad you are back up and running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines