• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have CS6 - can I revert to it after a free CC trial?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6, but want to try CC in order to do a 4K project.  Once I go to CC and then stop the membership, can I still use my CS6?  I bought CS6 knowing that CC was coming and it would be a monthly charge, and since I don't make money off this and it's a hobby only, it was dumb for me to pay monthly when I may go months without ever using it.  I don't want to screw up by trying CC and losing my already paid for CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can.

Premiere CC will install alongside CS6 (make sure, when installing to deselect "remove older versions" to avoid the need to reinstall CS6 after).

But be warned, you might not want to go back to CS6 after trying the latest CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure CC will be great, and I'm sure I will want to keep it, but I will not keep it due to the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your CS6 is on disk and installed as such.

CC will not remove older disk versions as they are not part of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is on a disk, thanks for your post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware that you won't be able to open your CC project in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know!  Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short: if you remove everything from the cloud from your pc you might need to reinstall CS6 and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Cloud takes over https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2089127 for some information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is all i need to know thanks!

i can see it is way too much trouble to do this.  they clearly want your money monthly instead of one time purchase and they make it difficult on purpose.  i will never go to CC and will continue to use CS6 until i die.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines