• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Help] File menu takes 5-10 seconds to open when timeline is selected.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this may be an old issue, but I haven't been able to find much of a solution. . Just work arounds.

Guys, this was one of the reasons why I just formatted my computer.

And nothing changed... whenever I click on the file menu with the time line or the clip review selected the whole software lags terribly.

After 5 or sometimes 10 seconds the file menu opens and if by any chance I want to go to the export manual it also lags a lot.

I am running Windows 10 and the Premiere is installed on an SSD... both my GPU and CPU are AMD and the computer has more than enough RAM... in fact the computer a use back at work is weaker than this and doesn't have this issue.

I believe this is something connected with Windows 10 as my office computer doesn't have that.

An easy work around is just to press control-m when I want to export a clip but sometimes it just forget about it and get really annoyed.

Any ideas?

Hugs,

Dan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your SSD with program internal or external. What is connection ( sata, esata, usb2, usb3, etc. )

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internal... (sata)

Same as the one back at the office (which is working properly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm sorry but I have old stuff ( programs and computers with win 10 and NVidia cards) so others will be more likely to help you. I guess you should mention what version of PPro you are using, whether drivers are up to date, whether win 10 has latest updates, info about your computer ( specs and drives ) and so on... specifics.

There are ways to tweak your system for editing ( turning of disk indexing and all sorts of stuff ) but that is for real optimum performance. Your problem I think is not related to that sort of stuff but others will be able to give you more help than me.

: (

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of everything I guess.. Premiere is updated... Windows just updated after a fresh install and all video drivers are updated to the latest version (that isn't a beta)

This isn't the worst, but certainly breaks the work flow.

I can always press ctrl+m when I want to export the media, but I don't always remember that.

Hopefully there's a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea guys?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know this is the issue, but my first action would be Step 4A below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan,

Does the work computer have AMD or Intel processors? Do you have multiple monitors?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

AMD CPU and AMD GPU (radeon r9 series)  and yes, running on 02 monitors.  OS is Windows 10 pro.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dan,

See if you have the same issues with only one monitor connected.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines