• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Waveform gone on one clip and clips won't link

Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clips won't link together even though it says they are linked. I've tried creating a new project and importing the project and the same problem happens.

I also have one clip that won't conform waveforms even though there is audio on that channel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

this is going to sound odd but I just realized the audio waveform appears when I zoom all the way into the clip. When I zoom out it vanishes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you reply with this?? I need help with the waveform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you dont give some basic information we wont be able to help. We dont read minds.

Like OS, comp spec, Pr version, source files. workflow etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay sorry,

im on an iMac i7 processor. El Capitan. It seems to be happening with only one camera. Which makes no sense cause it used to always work before until I updated to premiere pro cc 2017. It's a canon xa10. Avchd footage. No audio waveform is generated. However footage shot on my canon xa25 is fine and that's in avchd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you navigate in the Finder to the problematic video file there should be a file next to it ending in .pek. That is the audio waveform data for that clip. Delete it and reimport the clip into Premiere and it should attempt to regenerate the waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. Same problem. Also tried a new project.

i also just filmed something on my canon xa10 today. That won't generate a waveform audio either. It seems to be only with this camera even though it worked before I updated to the 2017 version of premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might work not the same issue but still worth a try....

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio... |Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, I do have audio but not the waveform. I even posted a screenshot that shows I have audio level. So this doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what i said: not the same issue.

but clearing out cache as suggested in the doc might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.

Why is it only one camera??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround. I alt clicked on the audio track and chose render and replace. It rendered the audio and the waveform then appeard. have no clue why it won't appear on it's own.

Reimporting the clip clip didn't work either. I even created a brand new project and imported the clip. No waveform.

This is only from the canon xa10 Footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is going to sound odd but I just realized the audio waveform appears when I zoom all the way into the clip. When I zoom out it vanishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you reply with this?

It's a good example of the kind of data we need in order to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines