Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with a Gaussian Blur Mask Tracking Shortcut

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm bluring some images using Gaussian Blur and tracking the mask path.

Sometime the tracking isn't very acurate and so I have to manaully go back and fine tune.

My question is, is there as keyboard shortcut to track the selected mask/timeline forward one frame as opposed to clicking on the icon in the mask path window every time which slows things down?

Step back and step forward works when the timeline is selected but as soon as you select the mask path, step back and forward adjusts the mask instead.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help appreaciated.

Thanks

Paul

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there's a way but not sure I remember it.  In the tracking window isn't there a step forward and back button.  Yes there is.  See the attached screengrabScreen Shot 2019-10-07 at 2.43.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, just realized you were looking for a keyboard shortcut.  doesn't look like it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Ok that's a shame, it would speed things up so much when you're doing frame by frame adjustments and not have to move the mouse to advance every frame. by clicking the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bumping this.  I have the same issue Priemere Pro 2023.  I so wish I could Hot Key the "Track Selected Mask Forward 1 Frame" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just coming here to say this is so badly needed. 

Move mouse to track mask forward one frame. 
Move mouse to the preview window to fix the mask

Move mouse back to track mask forward one frame. 
Repeat for infinity. 

I'm editing body cam footage and people move around way too much to automatically track the mask. My right hand is killing me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly a shortcut for tracking a selected mask forward 1 frame but this might help with body worn vision.
If you have the mask selected and hold down k and hit either l or j you will go forward/back one frame. Finger get sore quick but If you have a keyboard with macro keys you can assign that action to it. now you are tapping one key to go forward or back and you can keep the mouse over the mask and move it when needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly a shortcut for tracking a selected mask forward 1 frame but this might help with body worn vision.
If you have the mask selected and hold down k and hit either l or j you will go forward/back one frame. Finger get sore quick but If you have a keyboard with macro keys you can assign that action to it. now you are tapping one key to go forward or back and you can keep the mouse over the mask and move it when needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate