Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hold Frame VS Exporting a Image

Guide ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I noticed, I have a choice of Right Clicking on my Clip, and choose:  Frame Hold ,or Insert Frame Hold Segment. Also, I can click on the  Camera Icon, and get a Snap-shot from my Clip, and Import the clip to the Timeline and use It as a Hold Frmae. Is there any quality Lost, If I export an Image and bring It to the Timeline, than using the standard Frame Hold Options.

Which one Is the better choice.

Thank You Very Much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Stick to png.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it depends on what you're doing with that frame maybe. I use old cs6 version so maybe there's differences with your new version.

Basically I'm old and like to do stuff manually mostly. I use the camera icon and put the image on another video level (above) to do a cross dissolve manually ( opacity keyframes ) or other effects on that frame (portion of edit). I guess it's just what you feel comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a specific answer to your question. But, there is something to consider as well. First, yes, they are the same given that your current fps matches the footage you brought in. Your video is simply a series of images stacked together to make it play. Framehold stops on one of these frames. So if your video is 1920x1080, the still frame is the same resolution. Exporting a Png will give you the same resolution. HOWEVER, If you have artificially time-stretched your video and forced Premiere to add frames, then the resulting png will not be as clear as if you took the still from the non-stretched video. So, in most cases, yes, they are the same unless you export as a jpg and add compression of course.

Hope that gives you clarity.

Thanks

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maxwithdax.

You said: Exporting a Png will give you the same resolution.

What about Tiff ?

For Exporting Images which format is the best choice. Tiff or Png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick to png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ms. Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ever suites your workflow best.

They are all the same quality when taken at the same in time of the clip (even when stretched).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines