• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How change spell check lanhuage in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to change the spell chack language in Premiere Pro within a langauge (Dutch/Dutch to Dutch/Belgium), but I need the have English spell check. My interface of Premiere Pro is English, but still I get Dutch spell check. How to add English?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Hey Stan,

the spell check feature is based on the OS supplied spell checker - so e.g. on windows you can install additional language packs in order to expand the list of available spell checkers. As you have already pointed out - the transcription language packs are completely independent of the spell checker.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it to English (United States)

AnnBens_0-1650966541827.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, but I don't have this option in the list (see screendump). I want to add other languages to this list (for example English, German and French).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have English too might be because my OS is English and not Dutch.

In the CC desktop you will find add-ons (language packs) for Premiere. Try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already install all the Adobe apps in English mode, but still I get only Dutch choices... Also it is not possible to switch to other language (I have to translate to multiple languages).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taalpakket in windows installeren?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, saw the answer. That works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a great question, but I don't see a way.

Ann points to the spell check language setting, and, as you note, the options there are subsets to the main language.

The languages available through Add-ons in the cloud desktop are for speech to text. I have added Spanish, Russian, and Italian. The only options I have in the spell settings are 4 variations of English.

Can any staff clarify whether there will be any larger range of languages? We can transcribe in multiple languages, but not spell check?

@Alexander Riss @Kartika Rawat 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan,

the spell check feature is based on the OS supplied spell checker - so e.g. on windows you can install additional language packs in order to expand the list of available spell checkers. As you have already pointed out - the transcription language packs are completely independent of the spell checker.

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, Thats the answer I needed. It worked!

Maybe handy to put a message under the selectionbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines