• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I clear recent projects

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete recent projects / files etc from adobe Premiere Pro CC ?

Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Trash Preferences, that will clear the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you realize that you can just double click on a premiere project and that will launch premiere pro and load that project?  Although the premiere "splash" screen is useful cause it shows the recent projects you've opened, it's not necesarily the best way for your workflow.   I've got a folder for my premiere pro projects that's automatically mirrored on my dropbox account.  All I have to do is find the project I want to load and double click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From creative cloud, press Optn (Mac) or Alt (Win) and click on Open Premiere Pro. That will prompt you to clear your preferences. If you do, your recent projects will be gone from your welcome window. Here's the link with a video to the Adobe site: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/reset-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW. Imagine you wrote a big blog in MS Word and in order to clear it from your recent file list you have to delete the file.  How backward can Adobe be. Honestly, they need to understand their customers better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having pretty much the same problem... But! with Adobe After Effects.

The screen that's displayed when After Effects first opens (I'm guessing that's called the splash screen) correctly removes any of my old project files that I've deleted. However, the "Open Recent" list within the file menu doesn't remove them. If I select any of the deleted project file names from the "Open Recent" file menu option list, then not surprisingly it says it cannot locate the file. Now you might hope that'd remove it from the list... but it doesn't!

Anyway the solution similar to as mentioned is to simply edit the: "Adobe After Effects 22.2 Prefs" text file. Note: After Effects must be closed when editing the text file or else it can repopulate the file, which must happen either during or when closing After Effects.

I've attached a screenshot that shows the file location and which lines to delete = 3 lines per project file.

Adobe After Effects Preferences Text File.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user of Prem Pro + thanks for helpful suggestion,

1. Close prem pro.

2. Press Shift+Alt, while opening Prem Pro.

All recent cleared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where is the trash/delete preference in an open premiere pro project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines