• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export an animated GIF from Premiere CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I export an animated GIF from Premiere CC?

I dont see an Animated codec option

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know this as well, Any help would be appreciated here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not do animated gif.

I think that is Photoshop's department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro did have an export in animated gif option a s you see below, but I think that in the newer version (2014 CC),it's no longer there.

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 12.26.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

It is avilable for Windows only platform not for MAC.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea...like Mac users would never want to do this. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response !

Yeah I agree with jon9091, I am a Mac user, and it's not

logical to let that option aside for us !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm a windows user and it is NOT there, i have to export as mp4 and use a free video2gif converter.

Basically any 64 bit version of any adobe product cant handle doing much of anything with GIFS or handling video frames.

For instance they took out import video to frames in photoshop.

I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt, that 64 bit versions of Photoshop, photoshop elements, premiere, and premiere elements cannot do GIFS at all.

Photoshop elements 13 you can handle gifs and make them but it limits how big the file size is (like under 10 mbs) and how big the actual frames are, basically, photoshop elements 13.1 being the latest and greatest can only do like 300x300 pixle 5 meg gifs... which is VERY pathetic. Where as the free video to gif maker can do 20fps 1080p gifs if you wanted, and YES there ARE 60fps gifs, they are huge and look freaking amazing. (and i can totally say they were NOT made with any adobe product because every single one sucks hard at doing gifs of ANY kind)

https://6de44f0b2ad64bd5ac6370eddd5e6cbaaff78183-www.googledrive.com/host/0BwB9-qGxxzjAV0djUi1fN0MyQ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm a windows user and it is NOT there, i have to export as mp4 and use a free video2gif converter.

Win 7 CC2015

anim gif.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what? its a paywall feature i assume? I have premiere elements 13.1 which i actually paid for and it isnt there.

So what your telling me is i have to pay 40$ a month to make a freaking gif from a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not here.png

I cant even change the format up top how do i do that? lemme guess.. its a paywall feature.. 40$+ a month forever to unlock that "feature".

I swear adobe is worse than EA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who would have known?

Maybe you can forgive me for thinking you were using Premiere Pro considering you are ranting in the Premiere Pro Forum and not junior school Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so am i to assume this is a pro only feature? I dont think something as simple (or should be as simple) as export as a gif should be behind a huge paywall. Im never going to get CC, frankly 10$ a month is almost too much let alone 40$+. I prefer to have programs that you get to KEEP, and not rent.

So can you not change the format above in premiere elements for unknown reasons other than it being something to add to the paywall? Do you know of addons for 64bit premiere elements that can do this? I had to buy Photoshop elements+ addon because apparently elements has a dumb paywall feature as well of not being able to open the contents of a group. >.>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Light versions of similar softwares, are likely to be less feature rich and less expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid us, simply File>Exoprt>Media>Animated GIF

Note: This is Premire Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you, I never bothered to check just assumed....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Believe me I STARTED there.

I wouldnt post this message if I didnt try there first.

I do not see Animated GIF as a codec option.

Please walk me through the step by step process of how you got this.

Because it is not as obvious as you're making it out to be.

Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 10.14.01 AM.jpg

Further more perhaps a certain format has to be selected for Animated GIF options to appear?

YES I AM ON CC version too. thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 10.16.02 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animated GIF is supported as an export format only on Windows. For what it's worth, it would show in the Format pulldown (your second screenshot above), not the Codec pulldown.

Judging from the options available in your Format list, you appear to be on Mac (others that are not available on Mac: AVI, Windows Media, BMP, & GIF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.

No support for mac?

ok

thanks mark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think Macs ever supported GIFs in general.

I wasted somuch time sending humorous GIFs to Mac Users in emails! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an image container. Operating systems have nothing to do with it. It's not like it's an EXE versus a DMG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha ha omg, stupid us indeed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open the video with Photoshop and Save for web as Gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only good answer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and to anyone saying "its photoshops department" well.. no its not. BECAUSE import video to frames was removed and as such you cannot clip out a video and put it into photoshop anymore at least not the latest one i bought photoshop elements 13.

I seen something about the forced monthly rental of the creative cloud version can just open videos but i will NOT RENT software.

And i will also never in my entire life even if i am a millionaire spend 700$ on freaking software.. 40$ should be a maxi think even getting both photoshop and premiere elements 13 for 104 was a bit too much but was just low enough to swallow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines