• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I join multiple (short) audio clips into one single long audio clip in Premiere Pro CS5?

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The question is in the title but I'm wondering how I can join multiple (short) audio clips into one single long audio clip in PP CS5.5.  I put all my short clips right next to each other and selected all of them to see what options are available by right clicking and using the toolbar options at the top.  The closest that I got was to nest the sequence, but that's not what I really want.

I'd like to merge all the short clips into one single (long) audio file to use under the video.

Thoughts are welcome and  greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Melvin

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

O.K. This is kind of fundamental and you will need to learn up on this fully ...but for now...

Make sure you have the WAB ( work area bar )covering the length of the audio clips. ( You do not need to select them)

Go to the File Menu> Export Media

You will be given all the Export Options.  Choose Wave File

Select option for Export Work Area.

Choose where to export the file to ( HD location)

follow your nose from there....

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs5/exporting-with-adobe-media-encoder/

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to nest (I'm not sure why)...

you can export then import the track as one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joe,

The reason I don't want to nest is because I need to edit the clips as a single audio track in Adobe Audition.  When I right click the nested audio sequence it doesn't give me the option "edit in adobe audition," which is what I'd like to do.

I'm sure there's a way around this, I just don't know how...could you explain a little more on how I go about exporting all the short  audio clips out and re-importing as a single track? I have video tracks above as well. I just want to export the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export  the audio via Adobe Media Encoder as a wav file.

Make sure you have the WAB ( work area bar )covering the length of the audio clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its a lousy image but you can take a look. I'm trying to merge these 4 audio clips into one single one all from within Premiere Pro.  I'm still learning the ropes....whats the simplest way?

pp audio 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post 3 . 

Its the simplest way .... and the only way.

and note this

Make sure you have the WAB ( work area bar )covering the length of the audio clips.

Your WAB is not covering the clips in your screen grab as shown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shooternz,

A newbie question but how do I get the 4 clips into Adobe media encoder all at once?  I selected all 4...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K. This is kind of fundamental and you will need to learn up on this fully ...but for now...

Make sure you have the WAB ( work area bar )covering the length of the audio clips. ( You do not need to select them)

Go to the File Menu> Export Media

You will be given all the Export Options.  Choose Wave File

Select option for Export Work Area.

Choose where to export the file to ( HD location)

follow your nose from there....

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs5/exporting-with-adobe-media-encoder/

BTW - Why are you taking the audio to Audition anyway? What are you going to do to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot Shooterns,

well... the audio of the 4 clips will have popping noisies between each merge since they're not perfectly transitioning (the ambient violin strings are from different points in a song). So I will use AUdition to edit out/heal the pops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a really quick (2-4 frames) audio crossfade transition between the clips, or on the front and end of each individual clip, and that will eliminate the pops on the exported file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

Thank you very much for such an awesome tip.

Works wonders. Thanks Pal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

Is there an efficient way to apply an audio crossfade to all the clips at once at their transition points rather than dragging  the crossfade many many times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the audio target track is selected (click on track label on left side of window), page up\ page down for queing clip to clip. Ctrl +Shift + D drops default audio transition on\between clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping me Stephen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help Shooternz!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGh, if you don't like answering legitimate questions then don't reply to them. Yes it's fundamental but everyone starts somewhere and you don't have to be rude about it. Get off your high horse and just answer the question, or don't. Stop making newbies sound stupid, you were one once too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came to this thread from google, but for those of you not with CS5, but working in CC 2014, there's a new way to do this.

In Premiere, select all your audio clips, then go to Edit > Edit in Audition > Sequence...

Once in Audition, you can merge the clips from the multitrack view by selecting them, right clicking and choosing Merge Clips (also available under Clip > Merge Clips)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I have to work with the audio files on audition is because I need to use its tools for the audio stuff.

Tried multitrack view, export to premiere pro and then opened but premiere showed me only one track but all the audio files bundled into one

audition screen.png

I want it to be like that which was the same way I did use edit in audition from premiere not this one below with all the audio files combined into one track

screenprob.png

Really need help on that in order to progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The absolute fastest way to combine your group of short audio clips and edit them in Audition is this:

1) Select them all
2) Right Click>Nest
3) Right-click again>Render and Replace
4) Right-click again>Edit Clip in Adobe Audition.

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for offering a simple solution to this question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines