• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save my production state?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I save my projects and what not in a production when I quit, but I'm finding that when I re-open the production, it does not re-open it with all the project files open exactly as I had them before.

Is there some way for Premiere Pro to save the production so when I re-open it, all the projects I had open before will re-open automatically from when I was last working?

Thanks

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of - there is a setting in Preferences > Timeline to restore open sequences when opening a project, but nothing like this for projects in a Production.

I recommend making a feature request, it's a good idea!

Cheers,

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, is this really true? There's no way to save the screen exactly how i was working so I can just resume where I was the next day? I guess I will make another feature request.

I'm a long time editor on Media Composer, just switched over to Premiere Pro and I'm constantly finding pretty ridiculous oversights of very obvious features. It's not like this software was written yesterday -- how do they not have this figured out yet? (sorry, rhetorical frustration question!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely understand your frustration Adam. As a long-time Premiere Pro editor, I've had similar experiences with Avid, and I think it just comes down to different software evolving differently over time. Keep in mind that Productions functionality in Premiere Pro has only been around for four years. Adobe has made a lot of efforts to include features that cater to Avid users over the years, so I recommend making a feature request (and I'll upvote it too!).

Hang in there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 24.5 (Beta) there is now an option in the "General" settings to At Startup "Open Most Recent" which does open all the Projects you had open in the Production when you quit out of the app.

To add to this though, is there a way to save the state of the Production so that the Production panel looks as you left it when you quit?  For example, before I quit, I tend to collapse all the folders, but when I re-open the Production random folders appear to be expanded; sometimes not even ones I had open at any point prior to quitting Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A workaround for this is to "Close the Production" before quitting Premiere.  Doing this saves the state of the Production as you left it.  Would be nice to roll this into simply quitting so it's just one step.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines