• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DO YOU GIVE A CUSTOM SHORTCUT TO A WORKSPACE?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel I have done this in the past but now I have no clue how to do it.
I am using PP 22.50 (or the latest version as of this post)

My custom workspace is pushed to the 10th spot, so it does not have a shortcut. I have tried re-ordering the workspaces and nothing happens. Not only would I like to know how to customize a workplace shortcut for my personal workspace but also change the numbering for the existing/ default workspace (for example switch color to number 5).

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the workspace a number and it will rise to the top and automatically get a shortcut.

1. xxx

2. xxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but How do you assign a number to a workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I understand what you mean - create a new workspace and type a number before the name of it.

But it does not exactly work, whatever number I put it default to number 1. The numering does not seam to have an effect of its possition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes is does. Look under window > workspaces.

AnnBens_0-1659260521780.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your soloution, though was wondering if I could assing a number as opposed to making the workplaces sequentiona. for example if Wanted work A to be in 5th place I have to push 4 other things before it.

looktheguy_0-1659263464342.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure isn't intuitive, but searching the forum found Ann's solution.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jarle Leirpoll put this in his amazing and MASSIVE 1,100 page tome, "The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro", years ago.

Save your workspaces as named ones with the first part a single digit number, and those will appear up top of the list in order, AND ... you can switch via keyboard shortcuts.

One of hundreds of things to make working in Premiere faster and more suited for your needs that he covers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds good but it's be eons since it's been updated... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines