• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Ingest and Stitch Clips together in Premiere Pro 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the new Premiere Pro CC 2017. I want to use the new feature that allows you to ingest footage and stitch them together within Premiere Pro. But I cannot figure out how to do this and there are no tutorials I can find. I see how to do this within Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017 but not Premiere. Can someone please teach me? Thank you!

Premere Pro CC 2017 new feature "Easier Ingest - Stitch multiple clips from your camera together into one file for simpler file management."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Confirmation that Stitching was only added to Media Encoder and the Premiere page should be updated soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere supports 10.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ann, but I'm not following. What is 10.12.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry wrong thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Stitch clips for Ingest was added only in Media Encoder. I am following up with team for clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trent. On the new features summary under "Additional Features" found here: Premiere Pro CC 2017: New features summary it says the following:

• Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder now offer stitching of multiple clips from camera media into a single file on ingest for easier file management.

I also found the info on the Adobe Premiere Pro "What's New" Page found here: Premiere Pro CC new features | New virtual reality capability

I'll be standing by, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake: feature is present in AME. Just drag and drop the clips from the Media Browser and button will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did see it in AME. But on Adobe's websites they say its available in Premiere Pro as well. That I cannot find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmation that Stitching was only added to Media Encoder and the Premiere page should be updated soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer! Well I hope that is a future feature for Premiere. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for more information on this but here's what I found.

Say I have a 25 minute clip that spans 3 MTS files on the camera chip.  If I drag the first one to the bin, it stitches all 3 clips together PROVIDED that I drag it from the chip itself.  Pretty cool.

But if I drag the 3 MTS files first to the media array and then try to drag them into the bin, they're imported as separate clips.

If I do the former and disconnect the chip, the media is lost to Premier.  The stitch does NOT copy it to the media drive.

Apparently it's reading the metadata from the chip, so I'd have to copy the folder structure to the media array before importing the clip.  That's pretty clunky if you ask me.

If this is going to work to ingest, it needs both stitch and recopy from the camera chip to the default project folder to make this a useful feature.

In AME, I can drag/drop to the stitch icon and it will stitch the source and offer to recompress to any number of other formats, but it won't just stitch the clip into a single MTS or M2TS for editing. (A QuickTime "match source-rewrap" fails.)

The feature needs work. I'll be continuing to use the Sony utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just attempted an ingest in Prelude.  It works, but what it does is copy the individual files to the destination on your drive array, within the metadata folder structure used by the camera.  So my suspicion is right, it's all a metadata trick, not a true stitch.

So I guess to use stitched ingest directly with Premier, you need to copy the entire folder structure from the chip into a folder on your media array, then use Media Browser to select the folder. The clips will stitch as they were shot.

If anyone from Adobe has other tips on how to use this, we're all ears!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to keep the current time codes associated with each clip? Every time I stitch clips together, I loose my timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they dropped it. Or forgot to put it in the final build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines