• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to brighten my Dark Clip to look like my light one

Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I filmed half a video and the footage turned out really nice and bright, however the second half is really dark and i don't know how I'm supposed to get them all to match. I will attach screenshots so you can compare, any help would be so so so so so fab, I'm desperate!

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 00.45.22.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-08 at 00.44.51.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those will never match to the lighter clip unfortunately.

Too much info lost in the under exposed clip to be retrievable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick test, because I love a good test. Even with hdr enabled in lumetri, this is all you can do. The shirt has no shades of black.

The best you can do is match white balance and denoise. It has major quality loss. Perhaps davinci can do better...

darkUntitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making the brighter one darker might help them match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a pretty good attempt! do you think i would be able to get rid of some of the grain in after effects? I possibly might be able to work with that because i just have to substitute one tiny clip in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ae has remove grain. its much lower quality than denoise or neatvideo so you'd essentially have a lower resolution 'look'.

there's a ton of tricks you can do in ae like an adjustment layer set to color then median effect to blur in chroma artifacts or advanced tracking, unsharp etc. now if you shot in raw, just change the iso, aha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines