• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to collect a sequence to a new location with only my INs and OUTs

Participant ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to somehow create a Premiere project file, connected only to video files that contain the INs and OUTs used in my chosen sequence, within that prermiere project. I am trying to transcode a sequence in Adobe Premiere 2017 and have it collect all those transcoded files to a new location with a project file that connects to the new transcoded files. Similar to what can be done in Avid. However,  transcoding and collecting currently calculates project sizes that are unbelievably large and make no sense, no matter which preset I choose, because it transcodes each piece of original footage to its fullest.

I remember Adobe used to have this option called "Trimmed Project". However, now all the options in the Project Manager seem to transcode the entire length of each and every piece of original footage used in my sequence, instead of just my INs and OUTs. Doesn't matter if I used it for 1 frame.

I'm wondering if there even is such an option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all media formats can be trimmed.  In fact, the most often used format, H.264, cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not idea it this will fit in your workflow.

Drag all the clips from timeline into Project Window.

Select all and batch export to whatever.

You will have new clips with the in and outpoint but without effects applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that, though it might only be a half-way solution.

Not having this option creates problems for working on large projects, requiring many different departments.

It should not be a problem for an NLE to create a new project with only the needed clips, sitting as-is, in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Project Manager.

It use to have an option for Trimmed Clips, but is gone now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about Trimmed Clips and even noted it in my original post. I've messed around with the project manager but it is impossible create my wanted outcome using the project manager. Not to mention that it miscalculates the project size by an incredibly large margin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danielassault  wrote

I'm trying to somehow create a Premiere project file, connected only to video files that contain the INs and OUTs used in my chosen sequence, within that prermiere project.

In the original project, click on the sequence to select it and export an XML.

Create a new project, and import the XML into it.

Relink the media (if necessary) in the new project.

Then use project manager.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danielassault,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to collect my used media to a new location so I can take it to my colorist. Project manager estimates just over 1 TB of space required. But I'm up to 4.5 TB and still going. I've selected "exclude unused clips" but it is definitely still including everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines