How to delete mogrt from Essential Graphics panel

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

Premiere Pro version 24.3.0 Build 59

How to delete mogrt.jpg

I want to delete the mogrt named "delete" from the Essential Graphics panel.  As you can see in the screenshot, Delete is not available.  I can click on the Edit tab and rename it, but there is no option to delete. 

The mogrt doesn't appear in Windows Explorer in any of the locations that mogrts exist, and I did a search for .mogrt and could not find it.

It is not located in my library of assets when I go to my account online.

I don't have sync enabled, and the computer is disconnected from the internet.

Backstory:

It was originally named Slow Fade On, but when I created it in After Effects, I forgot to allow a few properties to be modified in Premiere Pro, so I opened it in After Effects, added the properties I needed, and saved it.  Instead of writing over the existing mogrt, it just created a new one of the same name.

So, how can I remove it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

You can delete from your Libraries panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete from your Libraries panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann Bens.

I'm not at my editing computer now, but will do that when I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens 

I opened the library tab.  All the other mogrts are there, but the one I want to delete doesn't show up in any of my libraries.  I also searched the Libraries and it doesn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for it in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not in the cloud.  I checked there too.

The funny thing is if I drag it to a sequence, it magically shows up in my C drive where some mogrts are stored and works in the sequence.

I can delete it from the C drive, and it still appears in the Essential Graphics panel, but not in any library.  It then goes offline in the sequence.  But if I drag it to the sequence in a new spot, that instance of it works in the sequence, and it again magically appears on the C drive again, but the offline instances stay offline.

Weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

I don't know why, but when I changed the name back to its original name in the Essential Graphics Panel, it appeared in My Library.

I was able to delete it from there.

What I learned from this:

When importing a mogrt, an aegraphic file is created locally.

The images in the Essential Graphics panel are shortcuts to the aegraphic file, not the mogrt file.

So it seems that Ann Bens was correct.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines