• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix "a low level exception occurred in: DeviceController:4"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I upgraded the Premiere for the last version and this message started to happen when I tried to edit a video. 

"A low level exception occurred in: DeviceController:4"

The screeshoot below shows the error

Captura de Tela 2020-06-19 às 11.28.04.pngCaptura de Tela 2020-06-19 às 11.35.18.png

Now I can't add titles or do many things.

Tried some things like this and didn't work. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-to-fix-quot-a-low-level-exception-occurred-in-h-264-...

Can somebody help me?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

The issue only occurs in 10.13.6 and happens anytime the preferences are touched. It's irratating, but otherwise harmless. Update the Mac OS to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Philip,

How are ya man?

Not just Mac. Everyone is on macOS 10.13, which is getting older now. 10.14 is in the sweet spot, I think. 10.15 had a slow start but is getting better. I might advise these folks to also check the beta. If it's crashing there too, then it's almost certainly that the 10.13 window is closing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry FNC,

Thinking it's a macOS 10.13 issue. Can you roll back to 14.2 or update to macOS 10.14? Which media format are you operating with? Which camera is it. Very sorry for the frustration. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea.  That worked well.  THANK YOU!  Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This was super helpful. A rollback to 14.2 on MacOS 10.13.6 and those annoying messages went way ... it would happen everytime I touched a clip in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wallison1,
I am so sorry for your frustration. I can see that you are not alone in getting this error. I suspect it is a bug related to your OS. Everyone on this thread is running macOS 10.13. Is it all possible to update your OS or test on another machine running macOS 10.14? I'd say 10.14 is probably where you want to be for 14.3. It is running perfectly here in my home in San Francisco on 10.14. Try it if you can. Sorry again for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to upgrade to 10.14 on my Mac.  So that isn't very helpful (for me).  The rollback version for Premiere was super helpful.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

os related... its a software that has to run and not have bugs on the OS not the os that has to adapt to your application. You are ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to OS 10.15.5 and I think the problem is now resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem after update to 14.3 on Mac OS 10.13.6. Supper laggy playback (worse than "normal" pp lag), often just a black screen indefinetly, and this low-level exception error. Another update, another-show stopper bug.

System requirements page says "macOS v10.13 or later" for both required and reccomended. If indeed "10.14 is probably where you want to be for 14.3" then update the recomended system requirements. Or... you know, test this stuff. We all uncovered this issue within seconds of upgrading. You have a whole department that tests releases. Right?

Either way, respectfully, get it together.

Until then, luckily there is a workaround:

File - > Export Final Cut Pro XML

Open in Resolve or FCP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You just have to enter the "Preferences" select Device Control and choose "Devices" None. The problem should be solved immediately.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 5.52.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just have to enter the "Preferences" select Device Control and choose "Devices" None. The problem should be solved immediately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Thanks, I dont know why changing this setting in Premier fixed my Media Encoder Issue where it would distort/glitch the video it was rendering but it worked.

I am using Adobie 2020 with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I was having this issue on Friday after updating.  Crashed all day under deadline until I finally got my cut out!  I am on a mid 2017 imac with 10.13.6 

Also titles not working properly either.  I spent hours with Adobe's tech support removing the old CC apps and putting it all back together again.  This is super frustrating because I had the older versions loaded for other clients who have not updated in house.  Now I still have to figure out how to get the old versions of Adobe back.

Super frustrating.  Wish I had looked on this thread first. 

I hope this fix works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mich

Did you fix yout Premiere?

I hope it works 

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mich,

Sorry about that. Were these Legacy Titles or those using the new tools? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Issue and more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This appears to have solved the problem for me.

The Device that was selected in the Device Control preference was:
$$$/MediaCore/DeviceControl/DeviceControlFirewire/DVHDV_DeviceControl=DV/HDV Device Control

I would see the error "A low level exception occurred in: (DeviceController:4)" repeating 6 times whenever I opened a Team Project. Now after setting "Devices: None" I do not see the error on opening the Team Project.

If the error is related to the Firewire controller, I wonder if Adobe is testing for compatibility on previous generation Mac computers that still have Firewire ports?

My OS: High Sierra 10.13.6

Premiere: 14.3.2

Machine: Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 (more specs in screenshot)

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.00.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 11.59.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.00.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 12.00.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change this to None, click OK - and nothing is changed.  When I open preferences again, it is back to the DVHDV Firewire setting.  Is there a different way to save this into the preferences?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This fixed the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!! im using a Dell Xps 15 (windows)  with a graphics card. and im getting the ''offline media detected'' error when i que up to export. 

ive tried most of the fixes here... i also tried right clicking on the clip enabling and then disabling the clip..2 days ago that worked.. but now nothing seems to work. 

ive tried togling between  ''playback engine  using  software '' and '' CUDA''   and no solve.

is there any solves for this issue please?? 

I updated the software to PPRo v.14.4 and then the error mesages stoped.. but when i get to the que i get the warning sign.

Thanking you in advance for any help..

Im very upset at Adobe for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me , no more DeviceController errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem when did this happened to you?? I am really worry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It happened after last update.

Thanks! 
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to this.  This is BS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on High Sierra too and have the same issue. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to reach out through Adobe Chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines