• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get CEP Nodejs use the OS truststore?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that CEF honors the OS truststore, as it properly loads, e.g., img when I added a selfsign CA to the OS truststore.

However, this is not the case with Axios queries. In this case, I had to explicitly add the CA in the https.Agent to make it work. Axios documentation seems to say that it should also be using the OS truststore, but I haven't tried this in the normal Nodejs environment.

I'm asking as it's a bit awkward to make the user both 1) add CA to the truststore and 2) add the CA so it can be read by the extension. It would be nice if the internal Node could use the same truststore as CEF uses.

Any thoughts on this? TIA.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've already managed to enable and use Node properly in CEP such that I was able to utilize the Axios library for making external API calls. However, when adding HTTPS support to it, CEP Node wouldn't use the OS trust store, as it would in a normal Node environment. The question is whether it is also possible for CEP Node to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines