• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get source clip file Path within SDK exporter plugin?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exportInfoSuite->GetExportSourceInfo(exporterPluginID, kExportInfo_SessionFilePath, &seqFilePath);

char* filePath = seqFilePath.mMemoryPtr;

What is the reason?

Please explain with the source code.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Sorry, export controllers cannot export from the Source Monitor.  An export controller is the only way to put a menu item in File > Export.  So what you are requesting is not possible with the current API.

Providing a panel would give you customizable UI, and let you control exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

kExportInfo_SessionFilePath is something specific to Audition, where project files are called session files.  Premiere Pro doesn't support this selector.

Are you attempting to do smart rendering?  If so, you would need to develop both an importer and exporter plug-in.  Let me know if you are still interested, and I can provide more detail.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need more detail information about current source clip information with file path.

(ex: properties of current source clip)

Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are exporting from the Source Monitor, you can use exportInfoSuite->GetExportSourceInfo() to get attributes of the source clip.  For example, kExportInfo_VideoWidth and kExportInfo_VideoHeight will provide the video resolution.

However, if you are exporting a sequence, there may be multiple clips with different properties.  This case is much more complicated.

Which one are you interested in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Zac Lam, I want to ask more things.

1. In the SDK_EXPORTER sample, if I change 'Export-Midia-Export Settings-Format-SDK File,it is called and also in the SDK_FILE_IMPORT sample, it is called when import SDK extension file.

In the code, how was it made this 'SDK' setting?

Also, If I want to remove  'SDK' setting and adapt all files, How can I do?

2. Is it right if I want to add MyMenu in File -Export, it need to use Export Controller type plug-in and if I want to get current Source Clip's information, it need to use Exporter type plug-in?

3. If number 2 is can possible, in the Export Controller plug-in, it can call Exporter plug-in? If is it right, Please kindly provide how can I do.

4. Conclusion, I want to add MyMenu at the File-Export and  if it is selected, I want to get  Source Clip's information of Source Monitor. Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 동후 김,

1) In the SDK Exporter sample, this is set in the exSDKStartup() function:

infoRecP->fileType = SDK_FILETYPE;

copyConvertStringLiteralIntoUTF16(SDK_FILE_EXTENSION, infoRecP->fileTypeDefaultExtension);

In the SDK File Importer sample, it's set in the SDKGetIndFormat() function:

SDKIndFormatRec->filetype = 'SDK_';

strcpy_s(SDKIndFormatRec->PlatformExtension, sizeof (SDKIndFormatRec->PlatformExtension), platformXten);

2) Yes, if you want to add an option to File > Export, then yes you need an Export Controller.

By "Source Clip", do you mean clip in the Source Monitor?  Currently, exporter controllers cannot export from the Source Monitor.  They also cannot exportInfoSuite->GetExportSourceInfo(), because they don't have an exporterPluginID.

3) The export controller sample code demonstrates how to export using an export controller using a preset (.epr file).  You would need to create preset for the exporter, which the export controller would reference.  What kind of files do you want to export?  If these files are already supported natively in the Export Settings, you can just create presets, and no need to write an exporter plug-in.

4) No, exporter controllers don't export from the Source Monitor.

Alternatively, you could create a panel that handles exports.  Again, what kind of files do you want to export?  Are you wanting to implement managed export from Premiere Pro to a Media Asset Management server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add plug-in of Export Controller type in 'File-Export-mymenu' and when I select this menu, in any ways, I want to get Clip's information in source monitor.(The type of file is not important)

So, I think four things.

1. How can I get data from export settings - summary - output?

2. How can I create custom selector and use it?

3. For the SDK_EXPORTER  sample, when 'export settings-format' change to SDK file, xSDKExport () is called. However, if I change other format file with is not SDK file, how can I call the xSDKExport ()? (I mean, other format AVI, MPEG 4 and so on which are in current format list.)

Also, Can it set more than two format?

(In the Export controller)

4. Can I get the information of Metadata via Window - workspace - metalogging?

5. Can I enforce other plug-in?

I just wonder if there is a way possible in four ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, export controllers cannot export from the Source Monitor.  An export controller is the only way to put a menu item in File > Export.  So what you are requesting is not possible with the current API.

Providing a panel would give you customizable UI, and let you control exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines