Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to make a green screen scene black and white

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dearest Adobe Community,

I am attepting to green screne a part of a B and W film and cannot figure out how to do it. When I use a lut or desaturate the green screen gets confused with the subject and just looks like a mess, Is there a way to do it without exporting it in color, making it B and W then puttng it back in? The problem is the background is a colored video, I was going for a B and W colored overlay effect. 

Greatly appricate any help! 🙂

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would  create a sub clip or sub sequence of the scenes...make my CC and Grade and use those in the edit.

Exporting and reimporting is also no big deal.

If you have After Effects you can key the clip on the green screen ....then export it with an alpha channel  and use that as your source clip. THat would allow you to cc BG and Overlay clip separately.

I dont think you can export with alpha in PPRO but maybe you can export with an alpha mask only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines