• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Adobe Stock Templates work with Premiere Pro CC 2017

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7 OS so limited to Premiere Pro CC 2017. Trying to figure out how to use Adobe Stock Templates (lower third effects) in my Pr CC.  But the "Graphics" button doesn't exist anywhere in my Pr program that is currently opened with a project. (Nowhere to be found!)  I was told to remedy by adding a "Graphics"folder in User>Username>AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Graphics but that didn't produce any result. Also looked in the C Drive Adome Program files for some indication but, nothing again.  Anyone with some ideas?  "Graphics" should be there right alongside Media Browser  Info  Effects  Markers  History but it just isn't. Nothing in Windows>Work Spaces either.  Adobe Pr Support throws up its hands and says they don't support Pr CC 2017 any more, so no help. (2 years old!) I don't think it would even allow me to reinstall. (CC always indicates Pr is "open" even when it is shut down.) I don't want to upgrade to OS 10 (if I even can) in the middle of a project.  Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Well all was solved. I got some extraordinary help from an Abobe Pr Tech named Ankit who stuck with me to make things work the way I needed.  My 2017.0.1 release was never going to work, and it was apparently impossible at this point to upgrade even a little bit to 2017.1. Maybe I could have done it at some point if I had auto update turned on, which I'm guessing I did not.

The secret of the universe was Ankit's realization that even in my caveman Win 7, Pr 2018 (ver 12.1.2) was going to work fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 2017 version, you should have an "EGP" workspace, which is the Essential Graphics workspace.

Is that not appearing in the Workspaces list?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Neil.

I've checked Window>Workspaces for any sign of EGP or Essential Graphics or anything similar and there is just nothing. There's Effects and Titles but i doubt that is it.  I've added Essential Graphics folders to a number of locations hoping the folder would pop up in Pr in the Info Effects Markers History line to no avail. I'm wondering if After Effects must simultaneously be installed for .mogrt to work or Essential Graphics to appear, though I read that AE does not need to be installed. I've tried the "erase layouts folder" trick and reboot Pr with no success.  I'm wondering if i can simply copy my templates in any accessible folder like one I created in "Effects" (ie alongside  transitions, etc.) I see not all .mogrts are designed to work with Pr 2017 so looking for one that is shown to work as test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EGP is not under workspace but under Window itself.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann.  I looked through all those options to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm getting close to understanding.  A YouTube How To install .mogrts says "You will need Premiere Pro 2017.1 or later." I have 2017.0.1 Release 11.0.1 (6) build, Tanq which may not be good enough.  Frustrated because sure I had the auto update feature envoked. Now not even sure I can update as my Pr CC appears stuck on a setting that simply reads inscrutably as "Open" where you update in CC, even though I have exited Pr. And a Pr Tech wondered aloud whether Pr CC 2017 is even available for download.  Well that didn't last long for me.  I pays my money and 2017 ie EOLd after 2 years for me. I'll now look to see if there is a way to update to 2017.1 but I doubt that will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you need 11.1 for the EGP.

Dont think you can update as it 2017 has been taken down by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible to update to WIN 10 for video editing, Rob? Perhaps set up a separate boot drive?

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well all was solved. I got some extraordinary help from an Abobe Pr Tech named Ankit who stuck with me to make things work the way I needed.  My 2017.0.1 release was never going to work, and it was apparently impossible at this point to upgrade even a little bit to 2017.1. Maybe I could have done it at some point if I had auto update turned on, which I'm guessing I did not.

The secret of the universe was Ankit's realization that even in my caveman Win 7, Pr 2018 (ver 12.1.2) was going to work for me.  He installed it through a download back door and we ensured all features and past projects and layouts were going to work fine. (I wonder why CC didn't show 2018 as an upgrade option?) Interestingly, Pr 2017 continues to reside simultaneously as a just-in-case, noting that once I use my projects in 2018, obviously they are not backward compatible.  And noting that not all .mogrts work in 2018, but many if not most (of the free ones I checked) do, and they are flagged as such. 

Thanks to all of you who took the time to help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines