• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move short clip to playhead?

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem. It is very difficult to move any short clip at large zoom.

3r8qrU7.jpg

This clip has a width of 1 pixel and it is difficult to hook.

ytIt811.jpg

Can there be a command for "shifting the selected to the playhead"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump! 
I'll pop this over to feature request!  I desperately need this too. 
- A single shortcut key to move clip (on a selected track only) to playhead position.
- or to be able to ripple-delete a gap on a selected track only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can just copy + paste the clip.

• Copy clip
  • Toggle the track targeting that you want the clip to paste to (V1, V2, V3, etc).
  • Move playhead to position you want your clip to begin.
  • Paste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume there's still no way to do this in Premiere? In After Effects, I can just hit [ to "Set Layer In Point at Current Time". I use it all the time, and really miss the ability to do this in Premiere. Pressing [ in AE does NOT trim the layer at all, it just moves the layer's in-point to the playhead's position, and does not affect any other layers. It's bizarre that this editing feature exists in AE (a compositing program) but not in Premiere (an editing program). Unless it has recently been introduced - in which case could someone please enlighten me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the feature request (and bug report) site, you can add this, and let us know, then we can up-vote it, etc.

Premiere Pro: New (5406 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Infuriating that such a basic request produces an army of 'experts' who tell us we don't need it.

We need, it, that should be enough. Idiotic to have to zoom in, ctrl C, delete, zoom out, zoom in, ctrl V, instead of a single keystroke. If the braintrust here can't figure this out, don't know what more to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines