• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to resize multiple clips? in premiere 2018

Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im sure i used to be able to select multiple clips in the timeline, and by dragging the end of one of them, they will all resize ,  but in v 2018 it seems to only resize one file.

when i click, alt, shift or other keys it doesnt seem to do it either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

This definitely a bug. I can reproduce this on 2018.

In 2017 it works as it should.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select edit points, not clips.

As an aside, that will change the clip's duration, not their size, which here refers to their resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well these are photos,  so in and out points would not be relevant in this case.

what i need to do is change their duration to match the beat of the background music.  resize may be the wrong choice of word here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The type of clip isn't relevant, really.  Select the edit points and you can change them all simultaneously.

You can also select the clips, right click on Speed/Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to adjust multiple clips in the timeline, to match the tempo of the music in the timeline. i need to do it in bulk so that the clips are all the same size as each other.

if i understand you correct, the edit points you are referring to, are done in the source monitor individually in which case, i dont have the music there as a reference for starters.

maybe im missing something.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i understand you correct

You do not.  In the Source Monitor, you set In and Out points.  In the timeline, the ends of clips are called edit points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok,

which tool do i use to change the edit points in bulk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal Selection Tool works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

are you saying that if i select multiple clips in the timeline, and move the edit point on one of them, the others will move aswell? 

its not work for me,  only the one clip on which i move the edit point changes,  the others remain same.   holding down shift or anything else doesnt seem to do it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm saying if you select multiple edit points, you can adjust them all at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select ripple trim tool and lasso the clips them move an edit point left or right.

ripple trim.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont grab the first edit point but one somewhere in the middle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simplest way i can answer that is that, its not having the desired effect.

either it only resizes one clip,  or it resizes a bunch of them, leaving one very long one at the end and one very short one at the beginning.  and it moves stuff on the other tracks too.

and in response to jim simons post above.

the normal selection tool, as mentioned above, only resizes one clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other track are giving Trim lock.

Lock all other tracks first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this technique as far as i can see , doesnt have the desired effect. makes the clips very long, and overlapping eachother. im uploading a video to show you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is what is happening when i do this.

originally i wasnt sure what it was doing , because there was one seemingly long clip at the end,  but then i realised, that it is making all of the clips long and seems to be overlapping them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely a bug. I can reproduce this on 2018.

In 2017 it works as it should.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine when done as I described earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, can you describe again what worked?    because everything i have tried has not worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the edit points and you can change them all simultaneously using the normal selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you "select the edit points" and how does it differ from just grabbing the end of the clip and moving it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end of the clip is the edit point.  Holding down Shift, you can select many at once, and change them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and this doesn't work for me on Premiere pro 2018 , it only moves the edit point one clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bugreport might want to do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines