• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set a default export preset for h264?

Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use h264 preset to export my videos. Since probably 5-6 months, I have been having this issue where Premiere Pro shows me export as AVI in the export settings by default. I have to change it to h264 everytime.

How can I set it to h264 as default so that I don't have to change it everytime when I work on a new project?

I am using Premiere Pro CC 2022 (22.2) on Windows 10.

arjun2_0-1653893023299.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

That's in the 'old style' Export dialog.

You star (favorite) things in the new Export page, in the preset manager/settings dialog.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the new 'quick export' option, that will do it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick export options doesn't have settings to change parameters like bitrate, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't. The 'idea' is that it uses simply whatever settings you last used. So supposedly, if you fully setup an export, the next time, if you do the QuickExport option, it just does what you did the last time.

Having detailed presets for the various variants of an export "type" that you need is useful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. As far as I can remember, this perpetual 'AVI' settings by default weren't there in earlier premiere pro versions. Has this been implemented recently or I have got some settings messed up on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall, and it might just be taking the first 'starred' item by alpha numeric sorting.

I would suggest for all users with this new export ... "page" ... that you take some time and unstar EVERY preset in all lists you are not likely to use. And create your own detailed ones.

Then it's a bit less annoying at least.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no option to star any preset. How do I mark a preset by a star?

arjun2_0-1654245678501.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's in the 'old style' Export dialog.

You star (favorite) things in the new Export page, in the preset manager/settings dialog.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I reach those settings? In the new export options, I can't see any starred options. 

dzgnr89_0-1654318225275.png

dzgnr89_1-1654318232923.png

Edit...

Alright it's in the most recent Premiere Pro 22.4. I just updated.  I was running 22.1 or something like that. 

Found the options. The new export button wasn't visible earlier. Thanks!

dzgnr89_0-1654321079060.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines