Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update Paramaters after call to exSDKParamButton

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am writing a PP export plugin, as part of the UI I have a button that allows the user to rference a "Master" file that can be patched, all of the logic to open file browser is working well , however after I have got the new file path and got the information from the master file I need to update all the other parameters in the UI. I am able to update the parameters by using exportSuite->ChangeParam() however there doesn't seem to be any way of letting the host know that I have changed parameters and it now need to update the GUI and call ValidateParams etc...

Is there a way to force an update of all  the parameters ?

Best,

Nigel.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Hi Nigel,

If the path changes, you should return exportReturn_ErrNone from exSelParamButton, and that should tell the UI to update.  If the exporter returns exportReturn_ParamButtonCancel, this tells the host that nothing has changed, so the UI update isn’t called.  Also, make sure the parameter that holds the file path is not in the hidden state.

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nigel,

If the path changes, you should return exportReturn_ErrNone from exSelParamButton, and that should tell the UI to update.  If the exporter returns exportReturn_ParamButtonCancel, this tells the host that nothing has changed, so the UI update isn’t called.  Also, make sure the parameter that holds the file path is not in the hidden state.

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zac,

Thank you for the quick reply. I already tried that, I return exportReturn_ErrNone from exSelParamButton but it then never updates the UI.

It was the "Hidden" option on the arbritary data that was the issue, never thought that that might be important as it was not a visible thing.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines