Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge delay when accessing tools

May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i click on a new tools in the tool menu or use my short cut keys to toggle between selection, blade, rate, text(new)... etc. anything basically. There is a massive delay to switch the cursor/recognise the tool. The cursor becomes a spinning wheel on my mac.

This is been happening only since the latest April 2017 update.

This sucks and just delays my work process.

Ive asked a production house that i previously used to work with as well and all their systems, 10 in total  are facing the same issue.

PS i have custom short cut keys assigned for most of the tools and so do the production house i mentioned.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody? I think this can be fixed with an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can corroborate this -- it started happening for me similarly with that last update. This is mildly inconvenient but mind-boggling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it is really annoying.

iMac with Sierra

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1

It can sometimes take over 10 seconds for the tool to switch, and then it sometimes lags when its first applied (at least using the Slip Tool)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem since the updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Incredibly frustrating. For now, my income and livelihood depend on Premiere Pro and this cannot happen if I'm to continue with CC.

Since update, I've had nothing but trouble, none of which I had problems with prior to update.

• Huge delay when accessing tools

• Rendering takes soooo much longer

• Choppy playback

MY INFO:

I use custom keyboard settings that began with the Adobe’s default keyboard layout for Final Cut Pro settings.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

I keep preview files on local SSD

My project/media drive is an OWC Thunderbay 4 using latest version Softraid. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! Thanks for posting about this issue... in fact after the infamous update I am experiencing the same terrible delay when trying to have access to all the PPCC tools...

Hope the developers will be able to address and fix this problem ASAP!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I transcoded an entirely new version of my project using Project Manager and after opening the new project the was no choppy playback issues...  but I'm still getting a multi-second beachball delay when selecting various tools. I found that rendering ALL audio in my sequence actually reduces or temporarily solves the delay but anytime more rendering is needed the beachball tool delay comes back. The nature of my project involves using various audio codecs (i.e.. aiff, mp3, wav, aac) and both 44Hz & 48Hz audio is present. This workflow has NEVER been a problem for me before update.

After saving and closing the newly transcoded project and opening back up the following morning...all the problems with choppy playback, slow rendering and tool delay are back. I've lost too much time already and I hope there's someone who can help here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem (as described above) I have since uninstalled Premiere Pro using the uninstaller program in the Premiere Pro application including preferences, and re installed and the problem has gone away.

Other information that may be relevant. I also have had Premiere CS6 installed so I can use Encore. Although I had previously removed Premiere CS6 and left Encore installed, I uninstalled (again) Premiere CS6 from the Creative Cloud desktop app. I'm not sure if this removed any other files, but I figured I'd mention it in case this problem gets traced back to that installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This seem to have done the trick.

I made a backup of my preferences before uninstalling (shortcuts, workspaces, export settings etc.). Then I deleted Premiere and preferences and re-installed again. After re-installing I copied my preferences back. For now it looks like it's working OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry pjm460... I tried your trick but... it didn't work!

I have uninstalled Premiere Pro together with the preferences, from the Cloud's panel... I also restarted my PC (just in case...!) and then I reinstalled Premire Pro again but... same —!!!

When you click on the tools it takes like a thousand years before the icon opens!

Can someone from Adobe PLEASE fix this, to make all the faithful users happy...!?

Thanks,

Maxxx

Mod note: Warning. Please do not use profanity. It is against Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing this problem.

Also when in the Color workspace for grading the playback steps and skip frames. When I go back to Editing workspace it plays back fine! Go Figure!

Will try to re-install once I'm not in the middle of a project!!!

Late 2015 iMac

4GHz

64gb RAM

4gb AMD Radeon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem when switching tools. The beach ball will appear and it will take about 10-15 seconds before the selected tool is available. Very annoying

I hope Kevin-Monahan​ is reading this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vishnutenben,

Every time i click on a new tools in the tool menu or use my short cut keys to toggle between selection, blade, rate, text(new)... etc. anything basically. There is a massive delay to switch the cursor/recognise the tool. The cursor becomes a spinning wheel on my mac.

Not seeing this on my Mac. Is everyone on this post using Mac OS Sierra?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same problem and I am using MacOS  Sierra V10.12.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, using Sierra. I'll try the re-install trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been fixed yet?  I find it nearly impossible to edit with a 10 second delay every single time I switch tools.  This problem has been around for months now and I'm getting extremely fed up.  Adobe, has this been resolved?

Mac Sierra (Multiple machines - iMac, Mac Pro etc)

Premiere 2017.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on the latest version of Premiere CC on my iMac 2017 even with  64Gb /  8GB of graphic ram !!! ) both with Sierra and now High Sierra and on my Macbook Pro 2017. Both machine have different GPUs , no difference. Its just unbelievable that this still happens Kevin.

The only way to stop it from happening for a short while  deleting user/lib/common and also deleting user/documents/adobe and also user/library/ preferences/adobe /Premiere Pro 

Honestly, Im so fed up with Adobes lousy support of Mac GPUs and how slow PP has become compared to FXPx and even Davinci Resolve which is really fast on the Mac and a full featured editor now that outruns PP in terms of speed and is FREE !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here.  Typically about a 10 second delay between tools.

Mac Pro 6.1

12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 gigs of ram

Sierra 10.12,3

PPro 11.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac sierra

premiere 2017.1.2

started happening since the last update

Adobe, what did you do??? I can't believe it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, but in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have absolutely the same problem on Mac Sierra and Mac HighSierra

But on Yosemite everything is fine!

And I want to add that this problem appears not in the beginnig of work right after startup of Premiere,  but after some time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I want to add that its very hard to discover this problem I guess because its not constant so many people doesnt notice it I think. And it doesnt depend on premiere settings/video and audio formats/sequences/projects/mercury playback/caches or anything else  - trust me I tried everything because its super annoying.  Its hardware and software issues.

Anyway I have made crazy experiment which doesnt solve anything but maybe it  will help someone to understand the reason.

If you make a sequence (any settings) with many (MANY) video clips or even ONLY AUDIO (so dont think about video formats) any length. And then press (and hold) "delete" button and just scroll the sequence (with option "Selection follows playhead)" in chaotic mode for a minute or two, and only then try to switch tools then you dicover a small delay/freeze (but trust me - sometimes its much bigger).

I tried this experiment on four different iMacs (different nvidia Cards and different cpus) with Sierra and HighSierra, with fresh installs of Adobe  2017 or 2018 and Os. With a lot of different video/audio - always same result and its very annoying.

But. On Yosemite (Adobe 2017) everything is super fine. No delays at all. No freezes. Super fine and I am really happy. But I am scared that new Premiere 2018 is required at least Capitan which I am sure (my intuition tells me) will have the same delays and freezes that Sierra and HighSierra has.

Please, someone figure it out. I dont want to switch  to Final Cut.

Btw in premiere 2015.3 - everything is fine too on HighSierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue. No one seems to be able to solve the problem...and it's a very big problem. Can anyone from Adobe help us address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines