• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I burned a DVD with encore, however it will not play in my blu-ray player. Generally I thought Blu-ray players would play both DVD and blu-ray, how do I get this to work?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I burned a DVD with encore, however it will not play in my blu-ray player. Generally I thought Blu-ray players would play both DVD and blu-ray, how do I get this to work? I am designing a dance recital and trying to get it to DVD. This is my first time using Premier or Encore.

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to an actual Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat dated now, but still a lot of good information for Encore

CS5-thru-CC PPro/Encore tutorial list http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1448923

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Encore DVDs will play on a Blu-ray player. But there are lots of things that can go wrong.

Post a screenshot of your Encore flowchart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question with you, i just want to play the hot 4k UHD Blu ray disc on my computer, and i have the Blu ray player, but it just does't work. I so sad about that. Hoping some one can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that have to do with Encore?

Did you write the disc using Encore and it will not play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

breendab78164435  wrote

I have the same question with you, i just want to play the hot 4k UHD Blu ray disc on my computer, and i have the Blu ray player, but it just does't work. I so sad about that. Hoping some one can help me.

Does the media player you are using actually support UHD Blu-ray?

Does your video card support this?

Does your monitor support this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are handful of requirements for a DVD to play in a player:

1. The DVD data structure must be written to the DVD-Video specification.  (Seeing a "VIDEO_TS" folder at the root level is a good indication that this is the case, but not a guarantee.)
  2. The DVD media must be supported by the player.  If it's a DVD-Video disc (replicated), then it has a 99.9% chance of playing as expected.  If it's a DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and so forth, the player needs to support the type of DVD media that was used.  It's 99.9% safe to assume that Blu-Ray players are DVD-Multi (they'll play anything), but not 100%.
  3. The region code(s) of the disc must correspond with the region code(s) that the player supports.
  4. The video format of the disc (NTSC or PAL) must be supported by the player.

Additional note:

If dealing with duplicated media (that is, it was "burned" with a DVD writer), it's also important that the disc was verified at the time it was burned.  Read and write errors (which happen more often than one would like) can make a burned disc partially or completely unplayable.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines