• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm running a 2018 MacBook Pro with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9...

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a 2018 MacBook Pro with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB of DDR4, and even have an optional Radeon Pro WX 9100 16 GB graphics card in separate casing. This thing should be able to process anything I want to do in Premiere Pro. However, my 4K playback stutters, audio drops out, the app freezes, etc. no matter which graphics option or renderer I select. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have mp4s or movs, drop my playback down to 1/4, I get the same result. I feel like working with 4K a while ago on an older version of PP and an older machine was a smoother experience. Why is the app under-performing so much now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To ALL,

After providing Adobe with my projects, dump files, source files (MP4 H.264), I'm happy to report that the latest updates to PP 2019 and new PP 2020 have completely solved the performance problems.

I can now happily edit MP4 H.264 sources from nVidia GFE, Magewell 4K capture cards, GoPro, and Sony ... no more stutters, no more pauses, no more "frozen" interface, no more Proxies, no more converting to ProRes.

Finally my PP 2019 and 2020 are working as fast as PP 2017.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

It took 2 years, but Adobe finally got around to it!!

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear, Rob!

The fact that it took two years is crazy. 

Hope it will continue to work smooth for you, although I wouldn't bet on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines