• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing CS6 prproj into new workstation changed frame size

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still flabbergasted by what just happened and equally chagrined for not catching it before I'd put in hours of work. I have a project shot in 1920x1080  that was cut on one of my older CS6 workstations with a sequence that was 1080x1920 when the project was at final cut. This short film has been accepted into a festival, so I wanted to make some final passes and smooth out the audio in places. Instead of making these changes on my older CS6 workstation, I merely plugged the SSD drive into my screamingly fast new CS6 workstation. When I opened the prproj file I told it to skip the preview files, because the new WS renders at an ungodly speed. What it did was resample every single clip, which took about 20 minutes. The odd thing is, now the sequence shows 1440x1080 while the clips still have the 1920x1080 property. The bottom line is when it encodes, it does so at 1440, lopping off content.

What happened and how could I have prevented it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes things can't be explained. Create a new 1080x1920 manually and copy everything from your old one over. There shouldn't be any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be easier and much faster if there was some way to convert the timeline from 1440 to 1920. This was supposed to be a last minute audio touch-up and final mastering before submitting the media to the festival staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on sequence in project window, select sequence setting and and change settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence settings are grayed out. It won't let me change them. A thread in CreativeCow asserts there is no way to change them if the setting panel is grayed out.

As for copying the sequence, using Duplicate only recreates a copy of the same incorrect aspect ratio, and dragging the old sequence into a new one (with the correct ratio) merely copies in a single video and audio track so there is no way to edit it. This project is comprised of a hundreds of A/V clips. There's no way I'm going to copy over them one at a time.

What I want to know is: on the old workstation the sequence had the correct ratio. I plug that SSD into this new workstation—same version of CS6—and it resamples the entire movie automatically? WHY did this happen? How could it have been prevented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I am sorry: misread. Though it was converted to a CC version

It wasn't "imported" per se. I just moved the SSD over to the newer workstation.

CS6 might be the same but your workstation is different hardware.....

What is the origin of the clips you are using. Post screenshot Mediainfo in treeview.

In CS6 you cannot change sequence settings: need to make a new sequence and copy everything from the old one over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Pro CS6 & Earlier​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still need to know what happened? I merely unplugged the SSD drive from the old workstation and plugged it into the new workstation, and the opened the prproj in the new workstation. It warned me it couldn't find the scratch disk, assigned a C: drive folder and then proceeded to "resample" every video clip in the project. I thought it was just rendering them all for previews but when it was done my sequence settings had gone from 1940 to 1440.

AGAIN... WHY did this happen and how could it have been prevented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you matched the sequence settings when importing the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't "imported" per se. I just moved the SSD over to the newer workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines