• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In 2018 I'm unable to move audio less than a frame using audio units.

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something in preferences I need to change?  In previous versions I love be able to switch the timeline to audio units so I can sync my audio with precision.  I've lost the ability to move audio less than a frame.  It's very frustrating!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Make new seqeunce and copy everything over or

make new project and import old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option should be here:

Audio time units 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, you misunderstood.  I'm allowed to change it to audio units, but it continues to not permit me to move audio in audio units.  It goes frame by frame as if I'm not in the "audio units" mode.  It only changes the timeline ruler to audio units rather than the frame units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Richard, I'm curious, have you tried sliding an audio clip in audio units?  When I do it indicates as if it will work, but when I let go of the it the track hasn't moved at all unless I move enough audio units to equal one frame. Then it jumps to the one frame.

I'm trying to match the waveform on the two tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with 25fps and all is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 23,97 footage: no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the audio is linked to a video, you have to unlink it first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this audio units feature in editing music to match beats with precision, as well as match waveform of a corrected VO track.  I'm not referring to linked audio.  I need to move the audio less than a frame, which I use to be able to do.  Something's very wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just narrowed the problem to 23.97 fps. The problem doesn't exist on a 29.97 fps timeline. It's only on a 23.97 that I cannot move audio in audio units, while I'm pretty sure I was able to before, but I could be wrong. I'll be interested to here some feedback from someone on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting weird trash preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!  Unfortunately the problem is still there. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new seqeunce and copy everything over or

make new project and import old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes we forget to try the old "tried and true" tricks.  That worked, but more importantly, I just realized what the real problem was.  I was mixing frame rates between the sequence settings, and the two files I was trying to sync.  What a basic mistake!  Now it makes sense that all frame rates involved must be consistent.

Thanks Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines