• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Premiere Pro... Export or Cue to Media Encoder?

Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence finished, ready to test on a disc....

When I send the sequence to Media Encoder, and set all the settings...

I can "Export"  or "Cue"

Aren't they both about the same thing?

Does "Cue" allow the use of selecting Cuda while Export does not?

What is the best way to go?

Thanks

Letty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

No, they refer to two different actions:

'Export' exports the video directly in Adobe Premiere. Whilst it is exporting, you will not be able to use Premiere during this time.

'Queue' sends the project to Adobe Media Encoder for exporting.

There isn't a right or wrong. AME offers a few more advanced settings and the ability to create a queue, which means you can add several videos in a queue for exporting. It will also mean that you can continue to edit a different project in Premiere, as it is a d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they refer to two different actions:

'Export' exports the video directly in Adobe Premiere. Whilst it is exporting, you will not be able to use Premiere during this time.

'Queue' sends the project to Adobe Media Encoder for exporting.

There isn't a right or wrong. AME offers a few more advanced settings and the ability to create a queue, which means you can add several videos in a queue for exporting. It will also mean that you can continue to edit a different project in Premiere, as it is a different  programme.

If you just need to export a single video, you might as well export from Premiere, but if you have a number of videos to export, then AME is really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much!  So AME is more of a tool for multiple exports while still editing...

and clicking on "export" let's PPro handle it...

Is one better for a long feature film (100+ minutes)   than the other?  I guess that is my concern.

p.s. I was about to click "Correct Answer" but it was already clicked when I got here. Weird?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, in my experience, they are both equally valid options. If you ever need anything more advanced such as watch folders or something, then AME is a good tool for that, but for getting a video out of Premiere, which is the main reason you appear to be enquiring, both will achieve the same thing.

Very occasionally, one method may fail during export, and the other one will work, but generally, export failures will be an issue with the project/footage or hardware setup, more than the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines