• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent click-and-drag in panels -- sometimes selects text, sometimes scrolls

Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticing some inconsistent behavior in a self-developed custom panel:

Sometimes click-and-drag will act as expected in an HTML context: Text elements are selected.

Other times the the same gesture will scroll the window, similer to finger gestures in an iOS UI: click-and-drag to scroll -- which is not standard behavior in a desktop HTML context.

The inconsistent behavior plays out in the same panel in the same state, the only difference seems to be the luck of of the launch. In other words, launch the panel once and you might get click-and-drag-to-select.

Re-launch and you might get the another time click-and-drag-to-scroll.

What might account for that?  Is there a panel setting or feature that relates to this?

TOPICS
SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Followup question solved as well: In Chrome inspector there'a a button "Toggle Screencast".

On means no UI interactivity, but you get a thumbnail simulcast of your screen that highlights element mouseovers.  So far I haven't experienced an enormous amount of excitement from that little feature, and in event...

With that setting off the UI interactivity returns.

Full Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What might account for that?

No idea. 🙂 Can  you reliably repro the behavior? 'Sometimes' is hard to chase down...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can  you reliably repro the behavior? 'Sometimes' is hard to chase down...

It's a reliably re-creatable behavior to the extent that I'll experience both "modes" multiple times in a session, as long as I reset the the panel or re-launch Premiere a number of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, 100% reliably re-creatable: It has to do with inspecting the page from Chrome.

In the past we were able to do that in Chrome at http://localhost:[Port]

Where Port is set in the panel's .debug file

For me that approach no longer works.

I'm using a  newer method: chrome://inspect/#devices

When the inspector for panel is up and running it bocks interactivity with the sight because... who knows.

If you close the inspector, standard interactivity returns.

Problem solved!

Followup question... Is there a setting in Chrome that might be the have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too solution, where you can leave the inspector open without affecting the UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Followup question solved as well: In Chrome inspector there'a a button "Toggle Screencast".

On means no UI interactivity, but you get a thumbnail simulcast of your screen that highlights element mouseovers.  So far I haven't experienced an enormous amount of excitement from that little feature, and in event...

With that setting off the UI interactivity returns.

Full Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines