• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ingest material for importer with multiple files

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created an importer plugin for Premiere Pro that opens a video file an its accompanying audio files. When the importer is instructed to open a video file, finds the audio files and exposes them to Premiere as if they were part of the same file. Everything works fine, we open our files correctly and can work with them. We are facing a problem trying to implement the "ingest" function.

We have implemented the imCopyFile selector, so the Project Manager collect function is working (I copy my video and audio files myself). Also, we have implemented the imQueryInputFileList selector, so Collect is also working on After Effects (it copies all the files as supposed to). But, when you create a project in Premiere Pro with the "Ingest" checkbox marked on Project Settings, adding a file fires Media Encoder which is copied over to the right destination, but only the video file.

I have tried registering my files using the FileRegistrationSuite->RegisterFileForHostManagement, but it returns 0x80000000 and the file is apparently not added to the Registration Suite (calling GetRegisteredFilePath for the same inFileDescTag also returns code 0x8000000 without touching the file name buffer).

Is this the right way to get Media Encoder to ingest my files or is there anything else that I should do?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

In File > Project Settings > Ingest Settings, is it set to Copy?

Could you share a version of your importer for us at Adobe to use for testing?  Feel free to send me a direct message for that.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines