• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install LUTs cc 2019 v. 13.0.3

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying for hours to figure out how to install LUTs on the new update for premiere. I hadn't had a use for LUTs since 2018 and now that I need them I noticed they were gone from my lumetri panel. Now that i'm trying to reinstall them, I'm unable to follow the path most tutorials set out for you. Those tutorials are for older versions of Premiere. Anyone have any idea how to install LUTs on this latest version of Premiere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

In their documentation available in the Help system they do have how to use LUTs. I can save you searching by posting the setups here ...

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Note, the last pair of folders in each folder-tree, Technical and Creative, you need to make. So you follow any of the options, get to the LUTs folder, and in that, make new folders called Technical and Creative. Put your LUTs and Looks in the appropriate folder. As the program displays them mixed in with the included LUTs/Looks in computer alphanumerical order

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In their documentation available in the Help system they do have how to use LUTs. I can save you searching by posting the setups here ...

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Note, the last pair of folders in each folder-tree, Technical and Creative, you need to make. So you follow any of the options, get to the LUTs folder, and in that, make new folders called Technical and Creative. Put your LUTs and Looks in the appropriate folder. As the program displays them mixed in with the included LUTs/Looks in computer alphanumerical order, you can add letters or numbers to the front of their names so they show up first, and/or together.

This layout will be found by all the apps, AfterEffects, Pr, and Media Encoder.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil for the clarification on this. Like others, I have been doing this all wrong by opening the application "package contents" and installing within.

Does this installation process help applications to track LUTs by name? Adding LUTs the "wrong way" has caused issues whenever I add additional LUTs, and the alphanumerical names of the new LUTs conflict with the older LUTs. I'm hoping Premiere will be able to simply recall the LUTs used even after new LUTs are installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In those folders added according to The Instructions, yes, they are tracked by name. AND ... LUTs used from those locations will be used by Premiere, AfterEffects, MediaEncoder, and Prelude.

I do add prefixes to my LUTs so that groups stay together and they ALL come before the included ones. I think I have only once ... ever ... used one of the included LUTs in a project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

I have picked up Premiere Pro projects from other editors, and 3rd party LUTs were often linked to the wrong LUT. I can usually decipher what the original editor intended if the provide a reference video, but it is still a hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that can be such a mess, can't it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working on my version! Creating the Folders and putting the LUTs in them does not make them available. Have tried everything, eventually I just put them in a separate folder and navigate to them when I need them, Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the tip! I was able to install them by creating both the LUTs folder, as well as Technical and Creative folders.

However, while they show up in Premiere, many of the LUTs I've been using for 2 years have no effect on my footage.

They worked when using the incorrect route of installing them through show package contents..

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hostzombie,

One thing that catches a number of people is they don't realize Premiere has no "refresh" for things like installed plugins, presets, or LUTs ... you have to close out of the program, then relaunch, before it 'sees' the new additions. Perhaps that's the issue here ... or not.

Dragging/dropping a screen-grab onto your reply box showing the Finder/Explorer window with the visible folder chain at the top would help. Of course, basic advice in this forum is to ALWAYS reply using the blue button on the top post of any "page" or thread, as using the simple Reply button below a post creates a "nested" response. In a small little one-line box.

And as many details as you can ... the number-dot-number version of Premiere you're using, as in the current 13.1.5 build is good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines