• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel QuickSync usage in Premiere Pro CC/Media Encoder CC?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last discussions about this are quite old (>4years) I wonder if anything happend?
Right now I can't find any settings/options beside CUDA to speed up final video-encoding.

This rig (i5 2500k@4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX970) encodes at about 70-80fps@1080p on
CPU. Using CUDA I get approx. 100fps. QuickSync beats the sh*t out of that with 190fps.

For the average project (eg. Youtube) the QuickSync-quality is totally fine. Not to mention

for quick preview-renders if customers want to preview stuff on their projectors that's really

necessary. The workflow with frameserving and encoding using Handbreak is, honestly from
the service-viewpoint of Adobe, a joke.

So, please tell me how I get the Media Encoder to use QuickSync or the QuickSync-SDK?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickSync beats the sh*t out of that with 190fps.

How would you know that if it's not an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the MediaEncoder isn't worse than Handbrake, than it will do the same encoding-framerate with the same material. Yeah, a free prog actually supports it while a fullprice-tool (assumeingly) doesn't.

As I said, it is ridicules I have to frameserve with a buggy workflow to get higher encoding-speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to add Quick Sync encoding to Premiere then you can buy the plug-in from TMPEG.  This supports Quick Sync and X.264. 

Adobe don't support QS encoding although recently they started using Intel Iris graphics to assist playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enabling the use QSV in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddXclbIj-Ew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines